GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day to all, I have a question and I am not sure if this is the right board for this or not. We might be moving to Charlotte NC this coming summer and We were curious about the riding season in N.C. We have about a 5 month riding season up here in the great white north (North Dakota). Any information and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
R&L

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Hey, I'm working in Hendersonville, NC (near Asheville) and the season starts in early-mid spring and runs thru mid-November withour any problems. I ride year round as long as the roads are clear.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Riding season

Get yourself a Gerbing heated jacket liner and some windproof insulated clothing and a good windshield and air wings and there is no end to the riding season in the Carolinas. We get many sunny days in the high 40s and 50s throughout the winter, the only problem being lining up the good weather days (no precipitation) with the days that you can ride.
I live in Raleigh and the general tendency is to head north and west in the summer on our day rides and south and east during the winter. Charlotte wouldn't be much different.
You won't be dissapointed in the riding opportunities in you will find in the Charlotte area.
By the way, when you move sell your battery tender. You won't need it in Charlotte.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
sometimes i wonder how long the riding season is here in wisconsin

if you take away the rain, and snow, and days overly hot, and then the too cold days

you would end up with about 40 days for riding

and most of those are work days

loren

·
Registered
368 Posts
If I live long enough to retire I'm moving to North Carolina, maybe around Boone or Black Mountain. Between the Blue Ridge and associated side roads there are plentiful places to strafe corners or just cruise. I've never been west of Pueblo, CO on a Wing, but of all the places I have been, NC seems to me to be the primo riding place. The only negative I've ever heard about it is high motorcycle insurance rates. :weeping:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
RL,

Since you are moving to NC, from ND, you can bet on double + days of riding.

If I were you, I wouldn't wait till summer. I would get out of ND NOW!....LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here in South Carolina about 100 miles from Charlotte and only 12 miles form NC line. You can ride just about all year long with a little extra clothing. So I would say the season is about 12 months give or take a couple of days.
KC

·
Registered
136 Posts
I live in Concord,NC basically a suburb of Charlotte and generally I ride March thru mid-November. Other things to do around the holidays and January-February my bike is shut down for Maintenance and accessory re-dos or additions. But once and a while a weekend is in the 50's and I'm riding.
If you make it here email me and I'll show you some great local roads or the mountains.
Randy F.
'02 Silver Wing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts