GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone on this site lives in South Africa or has riden there? In 3 wks a friend and I are going to SA to do some adventure riding from Cape Town to Winhoek Namibia. We are going with a tour group, 2 wks of riding and renting BMW 800s. Its going to be a change of what I'm used to riding and the type of riding but should be fun..... I hope, going to take lots of pictures.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yes I have ridden plenty in South Africa as I had lived there my whole life before immigrating to New Zealand in 2008.

Cape Town is one of the most stunning cities in the world. Make sure you visit Table Mountain and do a trip to Robben Island - that is where Nelson Mandela was kept in prison for 27 years. Also try and visit some of the most stunning wine farms in the Cape where you can taste wine.

I am not familiar with the trip to Namibia but I do believe it is good.

However in all I have said above I must emphasize that you must be safe there and watch your back as there is plenty of crime in that country - my reason for leaving the country of my birth. In saying this I don't want you to panic but just be alert at all times. It is not like in the USA where you can leave your helmet and jacket on your bike while you in a cafe or restaurant as when you return it will be gone!!!!

I trust you enjoy your travel and if you want more info you are welcome to PM me or skype me.

·
Vendor
18,117 Posts
Yes I have ridden plenty in South Africa as I had lived there my whole life before immigrating to New Zealand in 2008.
How is the riding in New Zealand? I have heard it is the best in the world, could that be true?

Reactions: ZL1BBO
1 - 6 of 6 Posts