1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Thanks for the info. I don't plan on bike week, but will be traveling through the area the last week of May to-and-from Southport, NC for our summer vacation. I don't presently plan to ride as we will be transporting our extended family for the vacation. I still wanted to avoid the area that would not want me if I was on two wheels. I just hope that they can have an enjoyable Bike Week without the hooliganism that has been carried out by a few in the past, and turned so much of the MB city citizenry against bikes.

Dissapointing that the HD dealer seems to have featured bars as destinations in his report.

C

·
0 Posts
I'm trying to understand the new (and old) MB ordinances/laws.

Is it ok to ride a quiet GL1800 in MB instead of an obnoxiously loud half a** cickle?

Is it ok to actually RIDE to MB instead of pulling your motorcycle in a trailer like a girly man and illegally parking that trailer?

Is it ok, while riding your motorcycle to MB, to call ahead for reservations, check into that motel and park your motorcycle at your motel?

Is it ok to go out for dinner to a nice MB restaurant and park your bike in that restaurant's parking lot?

Is it ok to ride your motorcycle in MB wearing a real motorcycle helmet instead of no helmet or one of those ridiculus toy helmets?

Is it ok to conduct yourself like a gentleman while visiting MB instead of a acting like a drunk Pirate of the Caribbean Ahole?

If most of this stuff is ok than I think I will enjoy my next visit to MB, especially if the good folks there are able to keep the loud motorcycles and their childish owners penned up in some far away compound and throw away the key. Then they can assault each other, puke on each other, steal from each other, flash each other and have a big ole time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Coolhand you are dead on it. If people behave there is no reason for anyone to complain about bikers. However, there are people who just can't grow up. I have seen my share of people riding like idiots at MB thinking they were in their backyard. I will be at MB and will not have to sweat a thing. Watching human behavior is a funny sport.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I'm trying to understand the new (and old) MB ordinances/laws.

Is it ok to ride a quiet GL1800 in MB instead of an obnoxiously loud half a** cickle?

Is it ok to actually RIDE to MB instead of pulling your motorcycle in a trailer like a girly man and illegally parking that trailer?

Is it ok, while riding your motorcycle to MB, to call ahead for reservations, check into that motel and park your motorcycle at your motel?

Is it ok to go out for dinner to a nice MB restaurant and park your bike in that restaurant's parking lot?

Is it ok to ride your motorcycle in MB wearing a real motorcycle helmet instead of no helmet or one of those ridiculus toy helmets?

Is it ok to conduct yourself like a gentleman while visiting MB instead of a acting like a drunk Pirate of the Caribbean Ahole?

If most of this stuff is ok than I think I will enjoy my next visit to MB, especially if the good folks there are able to keep the loud motorcycles and their childish owners penned up in some far away compound and throw away the key. Then they can assault each other, puke on each other, steal from each other, flash each other and have a big ole time.
I think you have it covered! Enjoy your next visit:lol::lol:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Ut-oh!, I saw this little tidbit in the new regulations:

Helmets may not have any rigid projections that extend more than 0.20
64 inches or 5 millimeters. This allows the helmet to have snap fasteners on 65 the outside, but very little else. 49 C.F.R. § 571.218(S5.5)

I'm thinking these seriously scary dudes won't be chillin' on the beach, huh?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Yep count me out. I guess i cannot pull my utility trailer and park it on the street while i put the grass cuttings in it or i might be ticketed. :wrong:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Yep count me out. I guess i cannot pull my utility trailer and park it on the street while i put the grass cuttings in it or i might be ticketed. :wrong:
Not sure where you read that, but according to the actual <ordinances> you can indeed park your trailer and put the grass cuttings into it. As long as you do it within 30 minutes or so. If you need longer, all you have to do is ask. My guess is that the ordinance is for those that park a trailer for a weekend at a time and use it for a sort of combination temporary garage/bar/dance hall/flop house. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts