GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the B.S. that I have seen on this forum lately I just thought that I would say that every time I ride my goldwing I think to myself what a GREAT BIKE

And I hope that you guys enjoy your bike as much as I enjoy mine

Paul

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I sure enjoy mine every time I ride it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
She is sweet aint she. And I like the color of yours. Almost elegant isnt she? I wanna retire and ride more.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Me too! Every time I ride the Wing, I think "Wow, what a great bike" And, after I have ridden some other type of bike, I get back on the Wing and think "I'm so happy that I have a wing instead of a ____ (whatever I just rode)!

The only time I didn't feel that way was after riding a Boss Hoss.. That was incredibly fun. Not to replace a Wing, but in addition to.. If I ever win PowerBall, that's the third thing I'll do.... (1st, pay all bills & retire mortgage. 2nd, take care of kids, 3rd Go buy Boss Hoss)

=Dave=

·
Registered
546 Posts
After all the B.S. that I have seen on this forum lately I just thought that I would say that every time I ride my goldwing I think to myself what a GREAT BIKE

And I hope that you guys enjoy your bike as much as I enjoy mine

Paul
:agree:

Just arrived in Raleigh-Durham, NC from Denver to visit my grandchildren. The Wing performed flawlessly across the ~1900 miles I rode, in both the required slab route across Kansas and the twisties across northern Tennessee. Once again, I marveled at the flexibility, comfort, and utility of this wonderful machine. Insofar as achieving it's design purpose, it is the best motorcycle I have ever owned.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hey Paul
That is the best thing I have read here for a long time........

and to think you didnt even have over 2500 "good ole boy"' posts to your name, slam HD or BMW, argue about traxxion,or oil or even have to request heavenly intervention from Fred........

it truly is an amazing world.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Buying a Goldwing and retiring are two to the best decisions I made in my whole life! :agree:

I now have 6 Saturday's and 1 Sunday in every week, and I don't work on weekends!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Ride Safe and God Bless.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I feel the same way every time I get on my wing. I love the bike, do not need to hack and whack on the suspension, seat, or electronics. It is truly a joy to just get out and ride!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Buying a Goldwing and retiring are two to the best decisions I made in my whole life! :agree:

I now have 6 Saturday's and 1 Sunday in every week, and I don't work on weekends!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Ride Safe and God Bless.
Can we trade wives, please!!! I retired two weeks ago Sunday and the closer I got to retirement, the longer her huneydo list got. I might finish it up in two or three years if she doesn't add any more to it.:22yikes:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I retired last July and I am thinking I need to get a job so I can have a day Off:shock: That job list just keeps on getting longer and longer......

The Wing is the best all uses bike I have ever owned and at this point I can't imagine owning anything else BUT the Gamma was more FUN

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Can we trade wives, please!!! I retired two weeks ago Sunday and the closer I got to retirement, the longer her huneydo list got. I might finish it up in two or three years if she doesn't add any more to it.:22yikes:
You aren't playing it right. 6 Sturdays, 1 Sunday, Weekends off limits for work of any kind.

Get with the program, Man. LMAO Congrats on the retirement.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Every time I ride my 1800 I can't help not to notice what a smooth,powerful.trouble free machine to ride. A classic no brainier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
This last week I had my wing laid up for new brakes and a new front tire, so I rode the VStrom all week. It rides good and has some wind protection and could be a touring bike. Day before yesterday the Stator and Rectifier went up on it, so the Strom is also parked. I rode the old Sabre to work yesterday and boy was that a wakeup call. No wind protection and it felt like it was going to fall apart on me in the suspension. Got the wing back on the road last night and rode it to work this morning. MY GOD, what a great ride! It is so smooth, great wind protection and runs like a champ.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I retired in September and haven't missed a day of work since.

Just got back from a cross country trip and it was the first time I didn't have to think or worry about when I had to get there and when I had to get back.

We plan to head out again as soon as the trike is fixed.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have love my wing since the 1st one back in 1988. This is #4 and the best of the bunch. But I have loved them all. Sometimes I take my 77 750 Hondamatic out cause it is a fun toy, but the Wing is my daily driver.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Paul
That is the best thing I have read here for a long time........

and to think you didnt even have over 2500 "good ole boy"' posts to your name, slam HD or BMW, argue about traxxion,or oil or even have to request heavenly intervention from Fred........

it truly is an amazing world.

Thanks Tooth

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Yes...while lots of good stuff on these boards there is a lot of BS....some are only happy when they are looking for problems

I however have been happily riding my Goldwing for many many trouble free miles

Go figure.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts