GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, so much for the local riding season for this year! :nojoke:

Sandra and I did make it to South Carolina and South Dakota before the season shut down for us! Just after getting back from South Dakota I came down with an ear infection (pain, loss of hearing, dizziness, ringing) which stopped us riding the bike. That was in July.

Just talked to the Ear, Nose and Throat Dr. today (one of several visits) and have scheduled surgery for the 29th of September to try to get it under control! Last week, I got another tube put in the left ear and after clogging up the suction machine several times, she got some of the fluid and gunk (!) out but it didn’t help that much. The problem now is deeper within the ear, behind the mastoid (?) it is still filled with fluid where there should be air. Excess plaque/skin/cyst or tumor (don't know which, even after a CAT scan) is what she is going to see what it may be and try to fix. Well, we won't be going to Bikes, Blues and BBQ this year, the first in 6 or 7 years that we will be missing.

It must sound like I’m complaining about it and maybe I am a little but mainly I just want it fixed so we can get out and ride again.

I was hoping to get some riding done with several of the locals here in NWA (Loren, Laura, Arkie45, TBeck, ect) but it will not be this year!

There is always next year....

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Harry, I hope you get it under control, Nothing worse than the old medical excuse. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Wishing you the best.
Ear problems seem to be hard to control.
My 8 year old grandson has been fighting it for 6 years now.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hope all goes well Harry! Priority #1...heal up...2,...get back on the road.
Take care my friend, and give us a shout if you get bored.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Although your 2 wheel riding season has come to an end, that doesn't mean you can't attend events in the cage, might not be as much fun but the events and seeing ole friends will make up for it. Good luck to you...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Harry, I hope you get it under control, Nothing worse than the old medical excuse. Good luck.

Loren, I learned that one from you!! :joke: LOL...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. :thumbup:

The bike started beeping a while back so it's plugged into the trickle charger and will be ready for whenever. :popcorn:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, made it through the ear/nasal surgery. Was told I was an oddity. The offending excess tissue wasn't cancer or a tumor but ended up being excess brain tissue :eek: which they removed. I was released out of the hospital the next day and ended up back in the hospital two days later! Was running a feaver of 102.8 when they re-admitted me and thought it might be menigious (spelling police) from the removal of the brain tissue. They poked and prodded me, gave me a spinal tap, another CT scan or two, an MRI and a few others. They finally decided I had blood clots in both lungs which they also believed caused the feaver. I finally got out of the hospital after 5 horrable days. :eek:4:

After one day out ended up in another Emergency Room as I was passing blood! They are closely montering the blood thinners they are giving me and will be doing another CT scan on Monday of the lower GI track to see if they can find anything using the CT scan. Tuesday I go to my urologist to look at those pictures and he promised to do some more poking and prodding with scopes to get a closer look at what may be causing the blood leakage.

I will be extremly happy :p when everything is back to normal, when I can check the air in my tires, unplug the battery tender and go for a ride. It may be only a short one at first but I just want to get that one under my belt and maybe more will come.

Ride Safe. :thumbup: It sometimes feels like each day is just a GIFT cause you don't know what will happen tomorrow!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Although your 2 wheel riding season has come to an end, that doesn't mean you can't attend events in the cage, might not be as much fun but the events and seeing ole friends will make up for it. Good luck to you...

I saw you were having an operatiion on Monday. Hang in there, follow the doctors orders and walk out the other side. Good luck to you too. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts