GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allow me to redeem and refrain from future firey posts.

And if this is an old topic I apologize.

Do you guys have any riding superstitions you adhere to? C'mon we all do.

I don't like to discuss crashing.

And I keep a piece of the bike I crashed on years ago hanging on my garage wall as a reminder.

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
none-except any added chrome will rust and fall off causing you to crash

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
One superstition and one routine:

Superstition: Every motorcycle I've owned since '68 has had a Gremlin Bell. The first one was attached by my next door neighbor when I lived in San Bernardino on 41st street. Those that know the culture and the area know the depth of that getsture.

Routine: Every time I get ready to ride my bike, I pause before putting on my helmet and try to remember if I told my wife I love her. It's a reminder to myself that I'm about to die if I lose awareness.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Yea:
I always ride with a Helmet!
Hazle

·
Registered
868 Posts
I reframe from exceeding the speed limit in the presents of any LEO :) ---- Every now and then I slip up :)

G

·
Just before I fall asleep at night during riding reason, I always make sure I thank the Lord for another great time for the ride he gave me on my Goldwing.

Also I NEVER take my safe returns for granted especially when there are so many "What if's" to the sport of cycling and hope you all do the same.

Here's hoping as we enter a New Year that we to can all return from our trips safely either short or long, riding 1-up or 2-up.

Cheers !

·
Registered
606 Posts
I don't believe in superstition, never did, never will, it's all a crock, only for weak minded people but, just in case the superstition gods are reading this, I always kiss my gremlin bell and tell it how much I value its help before I saddle up . The bell's on the bottom side so I normally pretend I'm just checking my tire tread so people don't get the wrong idea. Mosta the time, tho, I go ahead and check the tires, since I'm already down there on my hands and knees, head wedged between the ground and the frame, lips all puckered up. :)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I make sure I can hear the radar detector over the stereo. Tim

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Laura here - I don't have a wing - ('99 Super Valk) but during and towards the end of the ride, whether it be to the grocery store, or a long weekend I kiss the gas tank - well.. I kiss my fingers and plant it on the gas tank - and say "thanks for keeping me safe once again" if it's a long trip, I do this several times.

I also make sure my "angel/road gremlin bell" makes noise before leaving.

Geesh - never told this to anyone before.. now it's out there for ??? number of people to read? haha..

Laura

ps - never have seen Loren with any pre-ride rituals.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love my wife, and tell every chance I get. I love my kids, same as above. I really really like to ride and thank God for the privilege. Following these rules keeps the universe in balance.

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Riding superstitions
I won't throw a leg over my bike after my 13th beer!

If I drink 14 or 15, I'm good to go. I just avoid #13.... :wink:

FYI...
I don't drink and I have no superstitions... LOL!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I always try to keep the shiny side up 8)

·
Registered
270 Posts
da

I can see this post is going nowhere!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts