GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was pretty cool seeing the firworks over trhe arches! However, cars were slamming on their brakes everywhere and pulling over to watch the show - with half their cars in the road!

Was almost a terrible pile up!

That was a nice cool summer night. By the time I hit Tulsa the next day - it was 105! Brutal heat!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Wow. Cities are a death wish. They're trying to make illegal those big computer driven signs, because of gawkers reading them instead of reading the road. So many distractions, makes me wonder where we are headed as a society :eek:4: . I'm seriously considering getting rid of the bike, as it's getting too dangerous out there. Narrowly missed a bad one coming off Crater Lake rim. A pukehead in a Nevada suv, decided the line we were in was going too slow, so he passed the entire line, and was up to 70-80, just before the west side kiosk. A close call, and no park rangers in site. It was 20 mph limit right there. Damned road rage in full bloom. I think curved glass turns many people into impatient animals. No wait, that's insulting the animal kingdom. Criminals ! :twisted:

·
Registered
512 Posts
kena48,

queenie and moui was in alton,il,,,watching up on the river bluff. first time every seen fireworks at the gateway. we had a perfect view(by accident) of the f-works going on. we were shackin up in a tent in perre-marquette state park(upriver a bit) from st lou,on the il side of river. 0 traffic in these parts and lots of beer drinking going on in the high end marina(s) in this little area on the 4th evening.
Sounds like you and ms seen a good disply on your mizzou outing on the bike.
good deal.... some of the neatest things,areas you see are unplanned. annnd,,,when you get lost!,,,:)

take care,
bc

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a great trip - Oklahoma City to Greencastle IN & back.

The Goldwing doesn't seenm to mind that heat one bit. I met one couple on their way from IL to CA! Now, that's a trip.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am trying to make a trip from Central Texas to the Cody Wyoming area the last week of this month.
If this heat does not let up this will be quite a trip.

·
Registered
167 Posts
How did you tell the difference between the fireworks and the gunshots in St Louis? We rode thru on a Sunday afternoon and witnessed a gunfight on I-44 2 summerss ago. Helluva place and not safe when the natives are restless...paul

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You should have taken the 302 exit off of I44, ran to grove. We had the grill going and barley pops to be had, or ice tea

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did stop at a Whitecastle and made it out alive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts