GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife an I are going to head on down I75 to visit her sister in Crystal River FL. Just wondering if anyone down that way has some suggestions of any interesting stops along the way.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
No, but once you get there, a good sea food place is at Pecks landing in Ozelio Fl, just south of Crystal river. Also up Hwy 19 is Ceder Key, another great place to visit.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, but once you get there, a good sea food place is at Pecks landing in Ozelio Fl, just south of Crystal river. Also up Hwy 19 is Ceder Key, another great place to visit.
Thanks, love seafood. Hope the weather holds out, brother in law has a couple of kayaks and all the fishing gear.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
This time of the year the Manatees should be up in Kings bay at the springs. It's going to be cold here the rest of the week and warm up next week. If you have a boat you can paddle out and get somewhat close to them. They are real neat animals to watch.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I will say if you explore brooksville area (inverness, floral city, isachatta)
you may find the best of florida roads. Just my opinion

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This time of the year the Manatees should be up in Kings bay at the springs. It's going to be cold here the rest of the week and warm up next week. If you have a boat you can paddle out and get somewhat close to them. They are real neat animals to watch.
I will be headed out next friday, so hopefully this cold snap from Canada will pass and the weather will be warmer and dry.

·
Registered
402 Posts
sightseeing

After you are here for sightseeing try down 19 to alternate 19 to tarpon springs ,Greek village,food, sponge boats.then over 60 to 699 along the gulf to St, Johns pass at St. Petersburg beach.Lots of sightseeing.19 has a lot of traffic.Hope its in the 70 and 80 by then.Like last week.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I would like to suggest a more fun way to get Crystal River from Atlanta. I don't care for interstates, when there are other good routes to take, I have done this route a couple times and it's good one, US19 all the way to Crystal River FL. It's mostly 4 lanes and much more relaxing to drive then I-75 is. If your on the north side I would take I-75 to exit 216 then RT155 to Griffin GA and pick up US19 there. Any way you choose to go just have a good time.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I agree 100%, I would rather ride the US19/98 along the gulf coast. Good roads and lots of greenery with some blue water thrown in.

That gets my vote over the interstates. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts