GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have your attention..

Have you ever seen a GL1800 with its top case removed? I was reading posts on the BMW K1200LT forum and found that a number of riders have removed the BMW's top case and replaced it with an aftermarket rack.

It looks great, and the riders uniformly report improved handling, a lower CG, and less aero resistance.

How difficult would it be to do this on a GL1800, and how would it look?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
There are some law enforcement versions out there with the trunk removed and some radios and stuff in its place. I'm sure someone here can post a picture or two.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hai there I did see some pictures of a black gl1800 without its topcase.
But can't remember if it was on this board or somewhere else.
The topcase was removed and they made a saddle in place.
greets Wim

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
ridderwim said:
Hai there I did see some pictures of a black gl1800 without its topcase.
But can't remember if it was on this board or somewhere else.
The topcase was removed and they made a saddle in place.
greets Wim
Lets see if this link works:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
That looks like the trunk lid has been covered in vinyl and refitted to the bike minus the trunk.
The angle is all wrong and could be done better.
Needs a chrome rack to finish it off.

Trev.

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
Auswing said:
That looks like the trunk lid has been covered in vinyl and refitted to the bike minus the trunk.
The angle is all wrong and could be done better.
Needs a chrome rack to finish it off.

Trev.
I believe that the goldwing pictured here was in a group of photoshopped someone had posted here.... It look kinda cool but it is a fake...

Matt(Ashland,MA)

if it is not a fake, sorry.....

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
ITS NOT 1 OF OUR BIKES / WE RIDE HARLEYS HERE / THE WHITE WING WITH THE BLUE N GOLD STRIPPING IS MINE / I STRIPPED IT MYSELF WITH 3M REFLECTIVE TAPE N PUT BLUE KNIGHTS EMBLEMS ON IT / THE BIKE WITH THE TRUNK OFF I BELIEVE IS FROM A AGENCY OUT WEST

·
Registered
57 Posts
I remember seeing pics of a STOCK GL1500 with the shorter windshield and a much shorter trunk. Kinda looked like a pizza delivery Wing. This was the bound for Germany only version. Still made in Marysville plant

1 - 14 of 14 Posts