GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a guy call me that is going to the SMRI for the first time and would like to meet up with someone or a group that he can go with.
He would like to leave on Mon or Tue morning.
He will be coming from North of Tampa and can meet anywhere.
Please let me know so I can call him.
Thanks

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
Sent ya pm - me n david heading up tues morning . Meeting at folkner ga at okefeenokee rest. Havent nailed down time yet but usually around 8

·
Registered
172 Posts
Gary,

Is this the same guy you told me about? He and I met for breakfast the other day and discussed the trip. He thinks he's like to ride from Tampa to Bryson City in one day, but he would like to travel with someone. He's and experienced rider and a nice guy. He was going to ride with us, but we're taking two days for the trip. I have his phone number and email is you'd like it.

He's also interested in local, Florida rides.

Mike

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Vicky and I, along with David, Crockett, and Uncle John are leaving Tueday morning. We typically meet at the Okefenokee Restaurant in Folkston Georgia at 0700. We leave Interlachen at 0500. We usually arrive at Bryson around 1700.

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
MILITARY TIME :shrug::shrug::shrug: NOW I'M GONNA BE LATE .......AGAIN ;);)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Wish I could, but I'm headed to Atlanta Sunday to enjoy some family time. Headed to Bryson Tuesday morning. Should be there by noon..

They are welcome to ride back to Florida the following Sunday unless I turn west.... One never knows...

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Vicky and I, along with David, Crockett, and Uncle John are leaving Tueday morning. We typically meet at the Okefenokee Restaurant in Folkston Georgia at 0700. We leave Interlachen at 0500. We usually arrive at Bryson around 1700.
Trailer ? 4 bikes in trailer?

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Trailer ? 4 bikes in trailer?
I rode my bike to the Chili ride in Bryson this past October. I only trailer if Vicky goes since I have no room for the kitchen sink.

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
MY BIKE DOESNT LIKE TRAILERS :bow::bow::bow:;) CROCKETTS AFRAID HIS WILL HIT SOME BUGS :cry:

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Hell I would trailer this time of year after experiencing my last ride up there as you know. There is nothing shameful trailering....

BTW, Richard bought himself a Can Am Spyder RT yesterday. 2011, less then 2K on miles. Looks like it came off assembly line just last week. Took ride on it and it is nice ride except I need to sit back farther for even my short legs for the foot pegs. Maybe I can save a few bucks and find a good used one too ????? LOL

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Route To Bryson City

Here's a route we've taken for the last couple of years. Virtually no traffic, good roads, and fairly scenic. The small towns have by-passes. 441 is such a hassle with all the stop and go and I'll NEVER ride the Interstate again.

http://mapq.st/1oWq519

I caught an error the other day. From US301 and US90, go west to COUNTY ROAD 121, NOT SR121. North on CR121 comes out on US1 at the Florida/Georgia line a few miles south of Folkston.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here's a route we've taken for the last couple of years. Virtually no traffic, good roads, and fairly scenic. The small towns have by-passes. 441 is such a hassle with all the stop and go and I'll NEVER ride the Interstate again.

http://mapq.st/1oWq519

Thanks for the route Tom. We were going to ride 441, but I may give your route a try.

Mike

·
Registered
197 Posts
Y'all have fun and ride safe. Am leaving Wed 6/18 to go west. Be back sometime in July.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I plan on leaving on Monday morning heading up. As of right now it's just me but if he would like to tag along have home shoot me a pm and we can see about making it work.

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
​The guys name is Dutch. He contacted me last week and as of now he plans on meeting up with my gang, leaving on Tuesday. I believe however that he might stay in Folkston Monday night and meet up with us Tuesday morning at the Okefenokee Restaurant at 7:00am. Glad to hear you're going Ty, it's been a while since we've seen you.

·
Registered
507 Posts
​The guys name is Dutch. He contacted me last week and as of now he plans on meeting up with my gang, leaving on Tuesday. I believe however that he might stay in Folkston Monday night and meet up with us Tuesday morning at the Okefenokee Restaurant at 7:00am. Glad to hear you're going Ty, it's been a while since we've seen you.
Yeah I was involved in a pretty horrific car wreck last May and it messed up my neck so I haven't been able to ride a whole lot but it's better. That and work has kept me pretty busy. Glad Dutch got a hold of you to ride up with and I look forward to catching up with everyone.
See you guys on Tuesday when you get there.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
hey anybody in bryson city yet? I'm at the smokey mountain meadows campground.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey anybody in bryson city yet? I'm at the smokey mountain meadows campground.
Hey Larry
Glad to see you made it in. I will be by tomorrow (Sunday) to see you.
Barry is going to be there on Tue at the Campground and a few others also.
Liz & Rose came in today at Rosewood.
Steve made it in on Friday at his place.
I got in 2 weeks ago for the summer.
See you later.
Gary

1 - 20 of 22 Posts