GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, our passion can be very freaking dangerous. PLEASE ride within your limits and the road conditions, and leave a little margin of safety!

David M.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I vote for a LARGER margin of safety.....the more space between you and the vehicle in front and rear, the more time to respond to problems.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
601 Posts
You have to test your limits to know where they are.

I was on my way home from work a few months ago.
There is a certain area on the road I take home that has 3 hills with a slight curve to the left, just over the last hill, you head down hill into a hard right curve.
I normally will exceed 100mph on the 3 hills but slow to 75 for the hard right.
This day, I decided to continue through the hard right curve at about 110mph.
The road on that curve is a little bumpy, I started sort of bouncing towards the center stripe, and noticed a Big Yellow Dodge pickup coming in the opposite direction.
We passed each other with me about a foot in his lane and my right peg kissin' the road.
All I could think of was, at least our paints wont clash, both were yellow...

I did learn from that, if you are riding on rough or bumpy curves, have your suspension turned down some, that will allow it to give some and not start bouncing...

Now I know my limit on that curve....

Ride Safely
8)

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
yellowtrike said:
I vote for a LARGER margin of safety.....the more space between you and the vehicle in front and rear, the more time to respond to problems.

Ride Safe!
Except in FL, where the bigger the space, the more cars squeeze in front of you and cut off your nose...

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
i preach this often but on EVERY ride i go on,either people with me or others end up in the wrong lane!!!

if my bike dont sell i will choose who i ride with very carefully!!!

this is not a dig at any one in perticular just a fact of life!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts