GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a spare? Just noticed mine is gone. I assume they is no harm running without it. Its the big chrome one that covers the oil cap. Checked with a dealer here in and they sai its back ordered.

All you guys laughing about Harleys losing parts ,this makes :

bar end wieght
speaker grill
engine cover

that I have lost.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I doubt if you will find a spare. they are pretty expensive. Mine blew off once and I went back about 10 miles and found it laying in the grass with not a scratch on it. You might try googleing for motorcycle salvage yards. I think you can also order it thru our sponsor.....

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone see any problem running without it for awhile?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I thought, it looks like it is minly cosmetic. Again if anyone has a local wrecking yard and could get one for me PM me to set something up.

I can't imagine any problems doing that.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
What is it with the Canadian wings? I was in Beartooth pass a few weeks ago and there was a gentleman and his wife and their wing was missing the left engine cover. The wing was a beautiful red that didnt look to be a stock Honda color.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Anyone see any problem running without it for awhile?
YES

IT will attract many other wingers to come over and point at your bike
and laugh or make silly comments :joke:

·
Registered
30 Posts
righ side cover

Had mine blow off 45 miles from home on the way back on a 2000 mile trip when I got on this forum and started reading all the stories about how they are impossible to get and if you do find one it will cost you 400 buck I was not a happy camper I was reading one post where a gentleman had ordered one and they canceled his ordered. I called that company and within a week I had a brand new one for less than 40 bucks if you can’t find one send me a pm and I will look on the box and get the name of the company for you. :thumbup: just looked it up here is a link to the company I do not suggest calling them though took almost an hour to get someone on the phone but the live chat works great hope this helps http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/parts.html

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
......or go to the next GL1800 get together and "borrow" one from another Wing at 3 o'clock in the morning. Of course, I'm just kidding about this, so don't you serious types get bent out of shape. :joke:

Youse guys do know what :)joke:) means, right?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seems to run OK with the cover off ,just gets a little warm on the foot.

·
Registered
250 Posts
......or go to the next GL1800 get together and "borrow" one from another Wing at 3 o'clock in the morning. Of course, I'm just kidding about this, so don't you serious types get bent out of shape. :joke:

Just be sure to leave a couple of cans of Skyline Chili in its place. :doorag:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

Take one from a Canadian bike, they don't carry guns. :joke:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the cover on order here. I will try to do something to hold the cover on when I install it(small bungee maybe).

Anyone know of any other parts on the Wing that are prone to falling off?:p

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I have the cover on order here. I will try to do something to hold the cover on when I install it(small bungee maybe).

Anyone know of any other parts on the Wing that are prone to falling off?:p
Do a search for securing the cover here, been discussed multiple times. I don't know the technical name, but those metal fishing lines with the loops on the end work great.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,363 Posts
It was probably stolen by another winger that lost his and saw that old $400 price tag. :shock: :joke:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts