GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!! I did a stupid thing and need you guys help! I removed the top shelter and when I put everything back together I failed to reconnedt the cable that unlocks the right fairing pocket. Now I can't get the right pocket door open. Anyone know how I can get the door open so I can reconnect the cable?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Chard Member
13,055 Posts
Remove the fairing strip, then the bolt that holds where the key is. The black plastic piece where the key is will come out. Remove that and you should be able to reach in and pop the latch.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
What Red said is correct. I used a homebrew tool to trip the latch. A mirror and light helps to get the tool into place. The upside is that you will never make this mistake again. I now pull the cable up and tie it in place.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good luck qcw,
I pulled the same stunt a couple of weeks ago. Finally had to bite the bullet and pull the top shelter half way off because I couldn't get my fat ol' fingers inside. :oops:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried to get a wire up to the latch, but couldn't couldn't get my hand/fingers up far enough to hook onto the latch. So I just removed the top shelter again. Was hoping I wouldn't have to do that, but I've had it off enough times it wasn't too bad. Thanks anyway for the suggestions.
Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts