GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The right speaker is not working on either of our headsets using the front or rear pigtail on our 2002 Wing. Both speakers work on both headsets when hooked up to my brother's 2008 Wing. We are leaving on a month long bike trip Sunday and it would be nice if both helmet speakers were working. Any ideas? Thanks!

Donnie

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found that the plug in under the top shelter was loose. Other than the right headset speaker nothing else had been affected.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
There is an open connection somewhere in the wiring that serves the helmets. Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough to know where. Hopefully some of the wing electronic wizards will jump in.

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
Wiggle the two wires where they go under the molding in the helmet. Tugging and pulling on the cord can sometimes cause these wires to work loose. Unless your good with solder and wires it may be headset upgrade time

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Speaker not working

Ok, bear with me as this works on mine. Once in a while my right speaker in my headset quits. I can tap the left pocket door and it comes back on. Dont ask why. I have taken the pocket out, checked the wires, wiggled them everyway possible and it will not quit working. But then every once in a while I hit a bump in the road and it stops. Just a little tap on the door and its back working again. Not saying this will work for you, but hey, cant hurt to try it.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Since you say that the headsets work fine on someone else's bike. I'd eliminate them. This gets to a wiring problem. The fact that they both quite functioning at exactly the same time is interesting and implies a common problem.

Do both left and right speakers work in the fairing?

When i started having headset problems in my helmet on my 1500 it was invariably the pigtails that had gone bad. They are expensive from the honda dealer. You may be able to get aftermarket ones for the 1800, possibly sierra or J&M I don't know.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ok, bear with me as this works on mine. Once in a while my right speaker in my headset quits. I can tap the left pocket door and it comes back on. Dont ask why. I have taken the pocket out, checked the wires, wiggled them everyway possible and it will not quit working. But then every once in a while I hit a bump in the road and it stops. Just a little tap on the door and its back working again. Not saying this will work for you, but hey, cant hurt to try it.

:doorag:There is a plug (white) for the aux under the left pocket the someone on the board said could be the cause of the problem. It is next to the red plug for the 12V acc. Try unplugging and replugging it. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts