Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 1800
stones front and rear with dynabeads
race tech springs and valves
fork brace
when I make a tight right turn I get a nasty "wobble"
doesnt do it going left, all parking lot speed
I do notice a slight wheel hop while driving straight line on the road
This winter I changed the fork oil, reduced the preload on the springs a bit.
It seemed to work great till a few weeks ago.

I have checked the hardware and made sure it was tight in the forks
Checked the torque on the swing arm
re torqued the "all balls" steering stem bearings, (by the way I found it takes a lot more then the 20 ft/lbs to get the proper 2.5-3 lb pull on the spring test)

Any thought on what the problem could be? :shrug:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wobble

Well, for what it's worth, I just had my first wobble experience two weeks ago. After riding it home, I put the bike on its center stand. I made a fixed spot on the ground just off the tires profile and began spinning the tire. Within two spins I found my bubble in the tire. You may want to conduct a similar test.:shrug:

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
It may not even be as dire as a bubble or separation. I notice every time my Stones are in the last third of their life that the typical uneven tire wear causes the front end to wobble a little bit in tight low speed turns. If your stem bearings are loose, the effect can be even worse.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well, for what it's worth, I just had my first wobble experience two weeks ago. After riding it home, I put the bike on its center stand. I made a fixed spot on the ground just off the tires profile and began spinning the tire. Within two spins I found my bubble in the tire. You may want to conduct a similar test.:shrug:
:agree:and if all else fails...make three lefts:joke::joke::joke:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had the same thing happen on a new Elite 3. I put the bike on it's center stand and with a speed square flat on the ground beside the tire, it would hit up to a half inch away. Installed another new tire and all was fine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I set a fixed point and spun both tires and nothing obvious showed up, maybe off 1/16 inch or so. I didnt think that was enough to do it.:shrug:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts