GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally traded up to an 08 level 4 white beauty with 8k miles and wanted add some lights for safe night driving. I wanted to add the ring of fire on the front and could not find any that would work with the airbag. One of my riding partners thought he saw a thread on this site of someone who had one. Anybody know where he got them from?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
What suppliers have you investigated? There may be other sources.
I personally do not run them but have seen others. Not for sure about ABS bikes.

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ring of Fire for Airbag models

I've tried most of the major cycle houses plus ebay and amazon. Almost all carry Kuryakan ana little d ebay has a few from China and all say not for Airbag models. I installed some on my wife's non airbag 06 trike and noticed the size difference of the chrome fork cover that sits on top of the Ring of Fire. So I assume they make one a little longer to fit. thanks Ike

·
Vendor
17,787 Posts
I don't think a ROF is made for the airbag models. The difference is that the calipers sit much lower on the airbag vs the other levels.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
I don't think a ROF is made for the airbag models. The difference is that the calipers sit much lower on the airbag vs the other levels.
Hmmmmm interesting fact here! Thank you Gregg! (i just learned something new again :wink2:)

Ronnie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts