GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not a big "just for show" farkle fan but last night a wing passed me with rings of fire that were amber outside w/ red and blue shining inward. WOW ! they looked really slick. several makes are out there. anyone have experience (good or bad) with these?
also, do you know if they are legal in washington? thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the Kury version on my 18 and had the same on my 15. Look good and no problems, easy install.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've had many compliments on mine
No problems
Have rode passed cops in state of Washington
no problems
I tend to keep my wheel cleaner to reflect
the red and blue better.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I added to my LEDS and "doubled up". Look thru to the other side and you will see what I am talking about. The sparkle is awesome! :yes1:

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
In answer to your question. I will assume Washington law is very similar to California Vehicle Code Law.

Any visible light on the front of the vehicles that is not white or amber is illegal, on the back of the vehicle any visible light that is not red or amber is also illegal with the exception of a license plate light which must be white.

With that said....

Before I added additional side marker lights, chrome wheel really make it pop!

I went with Blue/Green inside, amber outside Kuryakyn ROF.

All non-compliant lighting is on a separate switch, just in case... So far I have never been harassed, have gotten a lot of thumbs up from passing Motor Officers... :thumbup:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Chrome wheel
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Very nice..easier to clean
I don't have them yet

·
Registered
94 Posts
You know they are all really beautiful. I saw my first set in Southern Cali about five years ago and at the time was without a bike. Man my eys lit up my mouth watered, right then and there I told myself when I get nuther bike it will have that,,, whatever the hell it was. Here I am five years later true to my word. (I gotta learn to be careful of what I say:22yikes: cause then I gotta do it!)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can't compete wit dem rich boys wit da chrome rims.:bow:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I have the Blue LED inners, and have not had a problem at all with attracting the LEO's. I think that the term "visible form the front" in the books mean directly in front. Not off to the side any. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
In California (don't know about other states) there is this code http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25102.htm where they say you can have any color light as long as it is not visible from the front or back and set into the body. A fellow rider got stoped for having blue lights on his bike (inside the shark gills). He paid the fine but went to court and provided this 25102 code and got the fine back but was told to tone the lights down or don't get caught again.

I have found that I am seen more at night because of the blue lights and many times when someone is trying to get into my lane they see me when they didn't before.

I have the Kury RofF with amber out and red/blue inside. I also have changing LED's inside the shark gills (radiator sides) and have yet to be stopped. One thing the slots/holes in the Kury rings are smaller than the other brands so its what you like the look of that counts.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In California (don't know about other states) there is this code http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25102.htm where they say you can have any color light as long as it is not visible from the front or back and set into the body. A fellow rider got stoped for having blue lights on his bike (inside the shark gills). He paid the fine but went to court and provided this 25102 code and got the fine back but was told to tone the lights down or don't get caught again.

I have found that I am seen more at night because of the blue lights and many times when someone is trying to get into my lane they see me when they didn't before.

I have the Kury RofF with amber out and red/blue inside. I also have changing LED's inside the shark gills (radiator sides) and have yet to be stopped. One thing the slots/holes in the Kury rings are smaller than the other brands so its what you like the look of that counts.
apparently you've had a chance to compare different brands side by side. I don't know if you compared before or after you installed yours but if you bought today which would you buy? I figured they were all the same ( you know - shipped out of different doors of the same factory in Taiwan :roll:)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I wou still go with Kury becauswe of better instruction and even with smaller holes you get pretty much the same light output. Not sure if the Show Chrome have multipke light sets.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts