GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ramjeto (Roger) was killed Saturday on NC 143 between the Cherohala and Robinsville when he skidded off the road and hit a tree. He'd just left an accident scene at MM2 up on the Cherohala where 3 bikes and 4 riders collided in a corner and three riders had to be airlifted off the mountain. Please pray for his wife Kitty and his family.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Prayers sent for the family from his friends from Ontario, Canada too.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
So sorry to hear this news. Prayers that the God of all comfort will pour out comfort and peace for his family and friends.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
So sorry to hear this! Condolences from Florida.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Prayers from Texas

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hate to hear this news. Prayers sent. May he RIP.

Was he driving a Goldwing when this happened?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Prayers from SE Wisconsin area.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Prayers for Kitty, and all his friends, from Michigan.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hate to hear this news. Prayers sent. May he RIP.

Was he driving a Goldwing when this happened?

No..actually, he took the Valk on Saturday. Our party started out from Cumming, GA and we had lunch at the Dragon. After riding the dragon, we went up the Cherohala Pky and made it to MM2 where a guy coming the other direction on a Triumph Bonneville crossed the center line and took out the couple on a Valk Interstate two bikes ahead of me. The next guy in line, also on a Valk slid into the resulting carnage and was knocked clean out of his boots. I came around the corner to find him in his socks lying unconscious in the middle of the road. I managed to dodge him and the various bike parts everywhere and decided to put my bike in the middle of the road around the bend with its flashers on where it could be seen in the distance to warn oncoming traffic. Roger was at the scene with us and assisted with the second guy who had been knocked unconscious.

As I was walking back, I found the foot of the guy who’d crossed the centerline lying on the pavement about 50 ft from where he wound up. We put it on ice and sent it with him.

They life-flighted 2 of our party and the guy with the missing foot off the mountain to UT Knoxville trauma center. The husband who was left at the scene, they bandaged up and wanted to transport him to the local emergency clinic but he declined and I rode him up to Knoxville on the back of my Wing.

The rest of our party headed home back through Robinsville, but between the bottom of the Cherohala and Robinsville, Roger was the next to the last guy in line. He skidded off the road, hit a tree and died instantly. Oddly enough – he was ALSO riding a Valk. The guy riding behind Roger said he skidded in the turn, left the road and hit the tree, although he missed seeing it directly as he was a little further back and Roger left his line of vision for about 3 seconds. When he got to him, he said he twiched a couple of times but that he never could find a pulse. I was on my way to Knoxville with the husband from the first wreck and we didn't even find out about Roger till yesterday.

The same cop, ambulance and rollback truck carrying the other two Valks that had been at the first accident happened on this second wreck just a few mins after it happened.

Just an incredible set of events. I'm still stunned and in shock. I'll post funeral arrangements when I hear them.

·
Registered
761 Posts
What a truly very sad day...Condolences from Newfoundland, Canada....Our prayers for the family
Paddy

·
Registered
757 Posts
Thanks for posting the story of what happened. And wow, what an incredibly terrible day for you & your friends. I'm teary eyed here.

I've said it before on these forums, but I will say it again: Live every day to the fullest & treat those close to you lovingly. The only certainty in this life is death & taxes, and you never know when your time on this earth will end.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Wow... our prayers for you and your friends also, Jeremy. Those pictures don't go away... Make sure you all debreif and process appropriately with someone who knows what they are doing. :cry:

·
Registered
370 Posts
2 sad stories to hear. Condolences to all involved from Oklahoma.

And unusual in that most of us, hopefully, will never be involved in one accident as a victim or as a witness or helper, much less two accidents in one day! You take care Rainman.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Very sad and all involved are in my prayers!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Unbelievable series of events.....speechless
How are you doing Rainman? You have obviously been through quite an ordeal yourself..will take a few days for the dust to settle in your mind I am sure.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts