GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If you're looking for sympathy you won't find it from Michigan folks. In the next 8 days we have only 2 days where the low is above zero, and not by much. Next Wednesday the forecast shows a high of 2 and a low of -10. Brrrrr!! BTW Bob, I'm looking forward to meeting you on the ride to the Glockjock RTE.

·
Registered
628 Posts
And "you guys" were going to ride to California in February? Winter has arrived in Ohio (and Michigan and Wisconsin and .....). The only bright point is the motorcycle show at the IX Center in Cleveland this weekend. At least we can dream of better weather and sit on a motorcycle in a warm indoor space.
?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
We went from having a foot of snow and 4' drifts with air temps of 10 degrees on monday, to temps around 50 yesterday with rain all day and a rapid snow melt.

Result: lots of flooded yards and streets. Last night around midnight, the ice jammed the already swollen Vermilion River, which flooded homes near the river. 11 people evacuated by fire dept boats (including several small kids). Everyone is safe, but their houses are pretty wet right about now.

Now the temps are dropping back into the low 20's, and it's starting to snow. Again.

I love living up here near Lake Erie, but I'm really glad I don't live in the flood prone area along the river !

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
669 Posts
___WOW___ It's Snow Big Deal__ Meteorologist Ross Ellet
Yesterday at 7:01 AM ·
*Monday's Storm*
The weather will be messy late Monday and Monday night, but there is still a big question on exactly how much snow will fall. The computer models are struggling with the storm track currently. More than half of our weather maps are showing the heaviest snow northwest of US 24 with a minimum of 3". Significant snow is likely in Michigan. Snow is still likely south of US 24 as well, but there is a much better chance precipitation will change to sleet, freezing rain, and possibly even rain, before we get more snow on top of it Monday night. Now there is still one computer model showing the heaviest snow going right through the area. I wanted to bring everyone the latest update before we get into the weekend, but just know we will have updates as confidence increases on Monday's storm. Light snow should develop for the morning hours Monday, but the heaviest will be in the afternoon and evening. _______**Forecast** A winter storm will move through the area on Monday. Snow will end Monday night and then the temperature will drop quick. Tuesday will start off around 15 degrees, but temperatures will drop all day. We will be around 0 to -5 by midnight Tuesday night. The temperature will continue to drop going into Wednesday morning. Lows between -10 to -20 are possible. Unfortunately the winds will pick up significantly at the same time. That will drive the wind chill to around -40 early Wednesday morning. Temperatures are expected to stay below 0 all day. Thursday will be very cold as well, but temperatures will slowly moderate by late day. The wind chill is expected to be around -20 to -25 on Thursday. Another wave of cold may keep lows near or below 0 into Friday and possibly even Saturday of next week._______ Looks Like Things Are Moving Quickly ___

Meteorologist Ross Ellet
36 mins ·
*More Snow Tonight*
Most of the week we have been telling you about the Sunday clipper that would bring us about 1" of snow. Now that system is showing signs for a narrow band of higher snow amounts right through the heart of the area. Snow totals between 1-3" are likely by Sunday morning. Snow will begin by 10pm. The snow will end by 7am Sunday morning. The snow is going to be very fluffy which will allow it to add up quick tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts