GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
There is very little if any clearance with the stock passenger boards!!! If this set is extended out form the body any it will be a TIGHT FIT when down. I have seen the Transformer boards on a MT, but the leg was up all the time ( it would go down, but you had to pull on the fender ) Se if you can get a measurement across them, and compare that to the stock width, and the room that you have now....:shrug:

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
I have a set of the Rivco boards and I think they are the best thing since sliced bread! You can move your feet around on them easily and find they are far more comfortable than the stockers. Besides being topnotch quality, they are Made in the USA. A plus in my book. I should state that I have only the front boards. As George says, there is no advantage to the passenger boards except they defintely look better.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ran into a guy today that had these on a Motor Trike and he showed how you can adjust them up, down, out as well as different angles for the boards. I just didn't think to ask him if there were any tricks to installing them. Rivco says you just remove two bolts for the stock boards and install the new ones, I'm just thinking it can't be that easy for a trike. Just thought I might find somebody on here that installed them.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll answer my own question, since the new boards arrived today. Can't be more simple. Remove two bolts for each OEM board and replace with new boards, no clearance issues during installation for the trike. By the way, these boards are very well crafted and most importantly, "momma" likes them. Will test them this weekend.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Terry,
Did you think to take pictures :?: You know we mostly cant read and understand, but pictures is good.... Let us know how Mama likes them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts