GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of y'all have one? Just ordered one from Hal (damn him & his sale!! :D ).

I got the smaller one. Figured it would be good for a small cooler, and when I have my daughter on the rear seat for the Trans Canada ride next year I can plump some sort of hydration system back to it.

Any comments??

TIA
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I have had mine on order since 11/17 and if it gets here, I will be using it to haul my camping gear next weekend (so I will be able to give you a report then hopefully)!

Happy Holidays,

Shane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool!
Hope it gets to you in time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,246 Posts
IB Mike said:
... I can plump some sort of hydration system back to it.

Any comments??

TIA
Is that so you can stop more frequently? You know... :beer8: "Dad, I have to go again!" LOL :a13:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
810 Posts
Rivco Rack

I think you'll be happy with it. The smaller rack is just big enough to hold a decent size igloo without putting too much weight in the back end or making it look obcene in size like some of the larger ones.

I picked up an igloo that holds 2 2qt bottles and use heavy duty elastic cords criss-crossed to hold mine down, works like a charm.

Oh, and the little holes they have in the side for putting the cord hooks there, they don't work well so what I did was get these metal rings that snapped into the hole and give me leeway to attach the cord.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Rivco Rack

mcallery said:
I think you'll be happy with it. The smaller rack is just big enough to hold a decent size igloo without putting too much weight in the back end or making it look obcene in size like some of the larger ones.

I picked up an igloo that holds 2 2qt bottles and use heavy duty elastic cords criss-crossed to hold mine down, works like a charm.

Oh, and the little holes they have in the side for putting the cord hooks there, they don't work well so what I did was get these metal rings that snapped into the hole and give me leeway to attach the cord.
I will try and find one small enough so I don't have to relocate my license plate.
I'll look at the hole thing... maybe use eye bolts or something, thank for the heads up!
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob (Bear said:
Is that so you can stop more frequently? You know... :beer8: "Dad, I have to go again!" LOL :a13:
lol... that is an unfortunate reality, where there is hydration, there must be "dehydration" lol
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top