GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Aero Pegs installed this evening! I like them way more than I thought I would. Probably gonna try them a few hundred miles and if I still like them, I’ll get them powder coated black. The directions were garbage, but I watched Cruiseman’s video on YouTube and that wade short work of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,244 Posts
I thought the directions were great. Along with actual pictures and a koozie

·
Registered
273 Posts
Got my Aero Pegs installed this evening! I like them way more than I thought I would.
Have had mine for 6,000 miles or so, I think they are great. Have them adjusted such that my legs are fully stretched out, with just enough pressure on soles of my boots such that feet stay firmly planted on pegs when in use.

And when not in use, with pegs tucked in - very clean look. Much more so than a lot of alternative pegs I have seen pics of posted on this site.

Give yourself time to get used to them. Thought they felt a little awkward on my first test ride. But now they enable me to ride for hours without any leg cramping / discomfort.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
They went on without a problem. The factory lowers get in the way of my legs but I will get over that. These are much more comfortable then any that I had on the BMW K1600. I like the way that they do not interfere with the lean angle of the bike.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
I agree the bracket looks bad on a non Tour model. The color matches better on a Tour and doesn't look as bad. I bought mine for function since they do not interfere with the lean angle. If I can scrape on a BMW R1200RTP or a K1600GTL I will defiantly scrape on a Wing.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have them on my bike and they are ugly as sin. That being said, the function is outstanding and I try not to stare at them while driving. LOL
I still have to take the time to move them out a bit. I set them up in the middle, but I really need them moved out. (My lift was being used for a desk I was building which was finished last night.)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not know if it is your camera or the finish but the contrast on that bracket and your engine is really distinct. Mine look almost the same as the engine. Arent the covers the same on Tour and Non Tour engines? Here is mine.

Mine is the non-tour. My engine is black and darker grey. If I decide to keep them, I’ll powder coat them black. If not, I’ll sell ‘em to one of y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts