GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for those of you that have one. Do you use it very much? Does it do most of the extra hauling of stuff or did you upgrade to a trailer system. I bought one at a good price from Dennis Kirk , but not sure now how much I will use it. 90% of the time ride single with no overnights. Thanks for your help. It is a quick detach so most of the time it would be hidden.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I had a Rivco rack on my 06 wing that I used extensively. I rode 1 up most of the time. I used it for a trip to Alaska for extra storage. I used it often to hold a cooler with ice while doing weekend rides during the summer. I was a very popular person with my riding buddies. I also kept cooling garments in the cooler for those really hot days.
I used the rack with the trailer hitch adaptor so it was easily removed if I wanted to tow my trailer.

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
The rack, the Rivco bag and the two saddlebags...my wife and I for two weeks.

Since we got the rack and bag, I think I've towed my trailer once since then. :oops:

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
It simply takes a bit of a change of thought with packing for a trip. Basically, less of what you want, more of what you need.

Done right, the 'need' pile can be fairly small.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts