GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to take my son from Houston to Denton (back to UNT) tomorrow. (To get this past the motorcycle topic police, I could take him on the wing but MAY not lol.) Can any of the members up in that area tell me how bad the roads have iced and what the expectations for tomorrow after lunch might be? We will come up 45 and then out 35E to Denton. TIA.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
There has been no icing east of the I-35 corridor in the DFW area, but there has been some to the west. They are still projecting up to 1" of ice during the night hours. It is still pretty damp around here and if the predicted 28 degrees materializes, there could be a lot of black ice.

Be careful!

Mesquite Bob

·
Vendor
21,871 Posts
The reports I am seeing indicate that tonight it is going to get into the 20's and all the water on the roads is going to freeze. They are also predicting another round of precipitation tonight.

I think you would be smart not to try to drive through here tomorrow if you can avoid it. Tomorrow morning looks like we will wake up to a lot of ice on the roads.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
At 9:15 PM 1-14-07, on the UNT Campus it is 30.5 with Freezing rain. Temps dropping to around 22 to 24 by 5 AM 1-15-07. Heavy Ice Accumulation expected over night. Looks like the Bike is out for traveling tomorrow, at least in the Denton area. By Noon it could be dry, and 80 degrees, this is Texas remember, but I wouldn't count on it.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Looking at the weather guesser predictions I believe I would wait until Tuesday, at least. They are showing black ice on over passes on the news with cars creeping along and sliding into gaurd rails. As stated above it is supposed to get worse tonight and stay cold all day tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts