GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input on the GT model. Someone close to here has one for sale at a pretty good price when compared to MSRP.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have no personal experience with these trailers but they aren't much more than a Thule car top cargo carrier (a small one) with a lot of lip stick and eye shadow. For what they are they are #$%@ expensive! I don't know what kind of price you are looking to pay for it but I'd bet you could buy a trailer of higher quality and more robust design for the same $$$$. JMHO

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,994 Posts
I seen the Road Dog GT at a rally and I was very surprised how soft the suspension was for a torsion type suspension.....most torsion type suspensions are very hard and won't move much when you push on the trailer, but the Road Dogs suspension compresses easily. I've never seen a torsion type suspension work as nice as the Road Dog trailer does....watching the Road Dog being pulled on their website video you can see the suspension responding to the smaller road inperfections and Road Dog looks like it's very plush riding. They are a nice looking trailer too IMO....and made in America.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Don't own one

But have hands on at CyclemaxOhio. Fit/finish was excellent. Roadies say on the suspension is correct. Seems softer (thus easier on contents) than other trailers I've looked at. If I was in the market I would consider it.

BTW bill52: Great year bike AND color!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Loren - are you happy with the Road Dog? I'm not as concerned about the specific model as much as I'm trying to get some feedback on the design, quality, etc of the brand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts