GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Boys and Girls...........Happy 2007 and another riding season.

Got this idea on road safety and wondered:

"Who carrys warning flairs in their Goldwing in case of a emergency on the road?"

Cheers!

·
Registered
999 Posts
I do. I keep them in a zip lock freezer bag. They're not the big 30 minute one , just short 5 minute one.
I got in the habit of carrying flares about 20 years back. On a fishing trip in remote Canada, found a large rock with the outboard motor. It was raining and we were 20 miles from camp. We spent the night on a island hunkered underneath the overturned boat hull. One fellow had a bunch of kitchen matches wrapped in wax paper in his tackle box. I think we were down to our last 3 or 4 matches when we finally got the wet wood burning.
The next year I showed up with highway flares in my tackle box. The burn under water, and if you can't get a fire started with them you are a bad boy scout.
Since then I have been kind off attached to them. I carry them in all my vehicles, even the boat. Never have had to use them for myself, but have help other people with them
Buy fresh ones every now and then, they tend to deteriorate badly and draw moisture.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I shy away from carrying anything in the bike that is combustable except for gasoline. Maybe I am paranoid, but I think I will pass on that idea.

P.S. I don't carry them in my 4 wheeled vehicles either for the same reason.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts