GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned home from St Augustine Beach, FL. Traveling I77 in West Virginia. The WV Turnpike. Tight turns and Truck Drivers that dont care and only worry about making time, make this road very dangerous. On this trip I felt invisible, Once almost rear ended had to accelerate very hard to keep the truck that was comming down the side of the mountain from running right over me. Twice I was run off the road toward the guard rail, and once almost into the meadian by a truck passing me on the inside of a turn marked 55mph, he could not keep his truck in his lane at 85 mph. And last but not least a truck that changed lanes from slow lane to the passing lane with out signaling as I just got beside him to pass, if I would not have jumped on the breaks he would have hit me right in the front wheel. I was not going slow either 70mph min pushing 85mph at times. Felt Invisible Did I mention I was in my car with the lights on (it was daytime).So You can imagine how much I hate travining it on the Wing. And when I went to the Honda Homecomming they didnt think that my speedo reading 10% off was a big deal. Run that road with your speedo reading 70mph and your only doing 63mph with cars and trucks running you down. then tell me its no big deal. Did I say I hate that road or at least the mentality that travel it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention I saw The Valk. with all the antlers all over it just turning south on I77 From I81. Very strange looking bike.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
It is almost as bad on the staights of I-81 up in the WV panhandle. But, I-66 in VA and I-70/I-270 in MD are fun too!! I don't think it is the road..just the drivers. Just ride defensively on the super-slab. You have to! :shock: The WV back roads are just awesome though...aren't they?? :D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Dang Rsb..you were in my neck of the woods.

How did you like St Aug?

Dep

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Liked it very well. This is our second time there. First time was six years ago. We like the slower pace. Reasonable rates (off season). Ate at the Oasis and watched JAX play on the TV there.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yeah, the Oasis is a popular spot. Any place that the locals like, has got to be good..LOL.

Dep

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Muddy your license plate, get in front of the offender, and place one hollow point 9mm in the radiator.

Bradford

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
If you do the hollow point thing, don't forget to jam the CB channels too.

David M.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts