GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys and gails how do you handle road radge
this morning just before the light a guy in his pick up pulled in front of me just to get to the light before me i flashed my lights on him he got in the other lane and rolled down his window was calling me names then he slowed down got mehind me put him brights on me
then took off was at least 15 cars ahead of me and went out of his way to wait at the light for me to get next to me and was swareing at me the light turned green he cut off two cars to get in front of them last i saw
any good advice
fred

·
Registered
428 Posts
Road Rage

Just get rid of him as soon as possible. Stop, slow, turn or do whatever you need to do to lose him. Your life is not worth taking a chance with these dump bastards. You never know when or if they are armed. That is why I ALWAYS ride armed with both mace and a piece. Even with that, I would try getting away FIRST!!!!

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
If someone starts calling me names ... i just invite him to get his butt out of his vehicle... then we get to sorting things out...

cosmic

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
I would stop at a public place and let the bonehead go on down the road.....gives him time to find someone else to hassle.

If he pulls off with you and tries to start trouble, at least he's abandoned his 4,000 lb. weapon.

I don't see any good from confronting someone like this. Can be really scary when you cross paths with these clowns.

Glad you weren't injured or worse.

Bob E.

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
robeth said:
I would stop at a public place and let the bonehead go on down the road.....gives him time to find someone else to hassle.

If he pulls off with you and tries to start trouble, at least he's abandoned his 4,000 lb. weapon.

I don't see any good from confronting someone like this. Can be really scary when you cross paths with these clowns.

Glad you weren't injured or worse.

Bob E.

Good advice Bob.. :D :D

later..Randy

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Avoid the guy. He sounds like a wheel that wants to come off. Pulling over was good advice, since now if the guy comes to where you are at, he definitely becomes the aggressor. When you do pull over write down his vehicle description and plate number, wouldn't hurt. With people like this they are looking for an excuse to jump out and usually with something in their hand. No good can come from a confrontation, beyond a verbal exchange.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
How about.....................a 45 (cal that is)...JUST KIDDING!! ..LEAVE in any way you have!! stop...go...turn.. just LEAVE....chuck

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
With the SO on back I would go with every suggestion for avoidance mentioned.

By myself? I'm not really sure. My tendency, depending on traffic and surroundings would be to get ahead of him, pull off, retrieve my "friend" from the right pocket and conceal it and just stand there. Keep in mind I said tendency.

Call me touched, but some behaviors in our fellow man need to be challenged.

Of course living in a state that has a "Castle Doctrine" law allows one the option of not running away.

Bradford

·
Registered
303 Posts
Florida has romoved the requirement that one make every possible effort to retreat from an aggressor prior to the use of deadly force. This is not only in one's home or place of business, but anywhere. While I personally think giving into the impulse to introduce these idiots to a shredder, eg "Fargo", may not be the best idea, I'm pleased that if backed into a corner one has the legal right to elininate the obstacle.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
If the traffic is light and you know the area it is always fun to taunt them a little. It is so easy to lose a pickup truck it is not even funny. Slow down, let him catch up, then gas it. You can be a block down the road before he gets across the intersection. Then you make a couple of quick turns and he is history or maybe pass him again if you feel lucky. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
derfacola
where do you live in NY or NJ :?:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you all

Thank You All For Your Input
I Appreciate It
Like I Said He Stoped Went Way Out Of His Way And Was Waiting For Me Little Scary
Fred
Austin Tx

·
Registered
64 Posts
Don't get me wrong, because I am a firm believer in giving feedback to sorry drivers, BUT in this day and age it doesn't take much to set off a borderline psycho, so why take take risks. In SC I learned while taking a defensive driver course (to get rid of points) that there is a state law prohibiting communicating with any other driver in any way other than using the horn as a warning against an eminent collision Waving, flipping off, gesturing, shouting, flashing lights, speaking, mooning is not allowed. (Law makers sure take the fun out of driving!) Anyway the law was aimed at reducing road rage. Check out this site:
http://roadragers.com/

And next time don't flash lights or honk at idiots. Hey, they're idiots and they won't believe you even when you tell them anyway, so only bad things are apt to come from reaching out to them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If I were alone on the bike, I would pull the guy out of the vehicle and proceed to teach him a lesson he would "never" forget. If the SO were with me, then I would ignore him and go about my own business unless he pressed the matter, then there would an incident. I am not a tolerant person when it comes to the idiots that are out there trying to drive around thinking they pay more taxes or are worthy of being on this planet with me.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
FYI, Prosecuting entities across the country are taking a harder stand on Road Rage in today's society.

Two weeks ago the judge I work for put a guy in jail for 5 years. His crime? He was honking, flashing his lights and flipping off a much slower driver in the fast lane. Then, when he did pass, on the right, he threw something out his window and made a small dent in the door.

In Georgia and probably most states, it's called Terroristic Acts and is a felony.

This "Rhodes Scholar" was offered misdemeanor probation to plead guilty to as lesser charge. He thought he could beat it. If he behaves himself, he'll have 2 1/2 years to think about how stupid he was. Good behavior gets you 2 for 1 here.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Man, I thought Goldwings were "old man" bikes. Some of you guys are talking like you are young dudes, kicking a** etc.. :wink: I work the heavy bag 20 minutes 2 - 3x per week, but I think my days of "teaching a lesson" are over. If in self defense I think I could do all right, provided it was over in under 10 punches (no wind!).

Bill :roll:

·
Registered
28 Posts
This has worked for me on two seperate occasions. When I was hassled by these people I pulled to the curb, pulled off my helmet, reached for my riding jacket's inside pocket and pulled out my cell phone, stared at there license plate and faked punching in 3 numbers (911). They disappeared before I could close the flip phone. Did it twice, I'll do it again if I need to.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
WINGARY said:
This has worked for me on two seperate occasions. When I was hassled by these people I pulled to the curb, pulled off my helmet, reached for my riding jacket's inside pocket and pulled out my cell phone, stared at there license plate and faked punching in 3 numbers (911). They disappeared before I could close the flip phone. Did it twice, I'll do it again if I need to.
A man with a plan, I like that. I 'll remember to pull out the cell phone if safe to do so before I call on my riding buddies, Smith & Wesson as a last resort. 8)

I got road raged today by a senior citizen about 20 years older than myself, I was travelling South on I-95 towards Pompano Beach with two other guys in my car. We're on our way to pick up a new Wing for one of the guys. I'm doing 75 mph on a 70mph limit in the HOV lane.

This raging geezer decided I wasn't going fast enough for him so he rides my bumper which got him no joy. Actually I was hoping he took the time to read the bottom of my licence plate, "US Paratrooper". Then he passes me on the right cursing at me and then cutting us off in a near miss, then he slams on his brakes causing me to avoid hitting him. He's lucky I had good reflexes.

We actually laughted at this clown, if he only knew what three armed former soldiers would have done to him if he managed to make us wreck with his mini van, he wouldn't have done it. What a fool, his ticket is long over due in being punched. :twisted:

We got off our exit within 2 miles, not worth the trouble chasing him down after a 92 mile drive.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Stop the bike.
Leave your helmet and gloves on (always think safety).
Headbutt the driver's window and smash it to smithereens.
Reach in and grab his keys; throw them as far as you can.
Bark like a dog (real loud) and get back on your bike.
Finish enjoying your day.

·
Registered
973 Posts
cptdenny - If the fellow was in such a hurry, why didn't you just let him go by? If I find someone that wants by that badly, I just let them go. It makes me angry when someone decides that I am going fast enough so I don't make that decision for anyone else. If they are driving recklessly then phone it in to 9-1-1 and let the LEO's handle it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts