GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,579 Posts
OK I know this is silly, but I recently purchased a new 2018 Goldwing. How do you turn on the bright lights?:surprise:
Don't feel bad when I bought my bike the dealer didn't know how to work the high beams either.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Interesting (??) Wow did the new bikes changed that much??

I rode one once a last year, for approx, 15 minute test ride...(Americade) .It was nice but didn't realize, there was such a change...

Ronnie

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yes. Completely different. Until you get used to it, the directional switch is well hidden.:grin2::grin2:
Plus even after 10K mi I am not sure even now I can hit the horn button in a panic. The new controls are not an improvement IMHO

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,579 Posts
Plus even after 10K mi I am not sure even now I can hit the horn button in a panic. The new controls are not an improvement IMHO
The new control locations are not a improvement thats for sure...it took me 3 months of riding before I could hit the horn button in a split second without looking...took some time to be able to hit the the turn signal button without looking too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got a self-adhesive clear plastic drawer stop from Ace hardware and placed it over the horn
button. You can see the horn symbol through it, and it provides a tactile locator for the horn button.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I got a self-adhesive clear plastic drawer stop from Ace hardware and placed it over the horn
button. You can see the horn symbol through it, and it provides a tactile locator for the horn button.
Great idea. I'm on it.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

The ideas on this Forum never cease to amaze me.

Good going!!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
very nice!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts