GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the April 09 issue and what a surprise!!! The rider (Steve) leading the "Eastern Ohio Off-road Shamrock Tour" is a friend of mine. Actually he is the one who put me onto the magazine in the first place. He told me he had been to one of their rallies and might try to get something in the magazine sometime, but I didn't expect this. Really nice guy and he picked some great, scenic places to tour. He also found some good places for the group to sample the area's home cooked food. I don't do the off-road stuff but my wife and I ride through all those areas frequently on the Wing. We are within 5-60 minutes of that whole tour.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Pretty good example of RR articles. I could do with less "authoring" and more telling of the ride's story. Five paragraphs are used up before the ride even starts. I really like the magazine (and this story, too), but would like to see fewer words and more pictures, or at least spend less effort in trying to make impressive descriptions. Steve's narrative of the ride itself is pretty good, and I'd like to see more of that.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'll be waiting for the mail man. I see an enjoyable evening coming on reading Road Runner
. :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts