GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a general question for everybody...does anybody know of a way that I can get a copy, or even buy a copy of the Jan/Feb 06 Road Runner Magazine? When I visit their website, it indicates that back issues of that Goldwing test ride are not available due to being sold out.

If anybody has a copy, or would be willing to sell it I'd happily pay to have it in my grubby little hands. Any help would be very much appreciated. I figured that if nobody on this board has access to it, it must not really exist!!

Metric4me

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Check with Barnes and Noble, Roadrunner only comes out bi-monthly and they may have a copy...

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
You think it's likely they would still have a magazine from a year ago?
Sorry Boots, I didn't catch the year, I don't buy it that often and the latest issue has a big blue GW on the cover, and I ASSUMED that was the one...

:eek:4:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New Jersey Lefty:

Thanks for the offer. I sent a PM just to touch base. I would be happy indeed if you sent a copy.

Metric4me

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have a copy of it around somewhere. I believe that's the issue where the tester and his co-rider/S.O liked the Wing so much she insisted that they get one, much to the surprise of both of them..
That's the rider and blue 1800 you see in a lot of their features.

RoadRunner's Feb./04 issue also had a comparo of the GL1800 and the BMW K1200LT.
In it the Wing came out on top.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
One of the magazines has a write up on the GPS system on the Goldwing this month. I cant remember which one it is though.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
If you ask the Road Runner Editor, Christa, she will probably e-mail you the article. She did that for me a few months ago, but, hey, I'm a nice guy.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Toyo said:
One of the magazines has a write up on the GPS system on the Goldwing this month. I cant remember which one it is though.
Toyo, or anybody for that matter...

Can you steer me towards the publication that has the article about the GPS system? I have a Barnes & Noble close by and would try to take a glance at it as well. I wonder if the write up denounces the system because of it's flaws, or speaks of it glowingly?

Metric4me

·
Chard Member
12,970 Posts
Metric4me said:
Toyo said:
Toyo, or anybody for that matter...

Can you steer me towards the publication that has the article about the GPS system? I have a Barnes & Noble close by and would try to take a glance at it as well. I wonder if the write up denounces the system because of it's flaws, or speaks of it glowingly?

Metric4me
Rider Feb. '07

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Red.

I'll go grab a copy of Rider. Have yourself a sunny Florida type of day. Here in Ohio we'll have our usual blustery, cold type of day.

Metric4me[/b]

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I read the article on GPS and didn't think much of it.

It covered the Honda, an after market one and a hand held one in very general terms.

I have the Honda and didn't think they knew how to operate it properly.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
+1 on the Rider article.

I'd like to read the Road Runner article too, if possible.

Thanks,
David M.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts