GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with Good Sam's Club Platinum service? The price is $99 a year, looks like it covers motorcycles, etc. I'm leaving on a six week ride to Alaska next week. Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
132 Posts
About a year ago or so I called them to ask about their service. I was told they would cover the bike but not the tow-behind trailer. I'd have to deal with the tow operator directly if that situation arose. That may be different now. Would recommend you check ahead of time if you intend to pull a trailer.

Join the AMA and get towing up to 35 miles free if you renew each year by automatic charge to your credit card. Join Goldwing Road Riders and get Rescue Plus for $25 extra a year.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Good Sam's

I have been with them for about 3 yrs now. I only had to use them once when the Blazer clutch slave cylinder went out on the way to work. It was going to be a 1 hour wait and it was 3:30 in the afternoon. I was only about 300 yards from work. Luckily our Engineer came by and he towed me into work and I called them back to have it picked up on the following Friday and they were there in 15 minutes. Towed it 31 miles to the house, didn't cost me a penny. I guess they were busy the day it broke down, that happens sometimes. I haven't had the bike hauled yet ( knock on wood ), but the time I used them it was a good experience if you have to get towed. I don't do trailers so you would have to check on that.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Rescue plus

Used them twice and will never change life savers.. I was on i20 and they showed up.. Flat tire both times

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Our sponsor sells a Honda towing plan for $120 for five years unlimited mileage to home or Honda dealer.

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our sponsor sells a Honda towing plan for $120 for five years unlimited mileage to home or Honda dealer.
Thanks, MCPO

I will call them Monday morning. That sounds like an excellent deal!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Check with your insurance company. Ours (Nationwide) provides a rider covering a 300 mile tow and trip interruption coverage ($100 / day for lodging, $50 for food and $50 for rental vehicle). Can't beat that, IMO.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I've had Good Sams three years now. Covers any vehicle you own, and no mileage towing fee. That's a key when shopping around.

Used them twice on my truck, Excellent service. Haven't used them on a bike.

A friend did thou with his BMW bike. He was very pleased with the service to.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Check with your insurance company. Ours (Nationwide) provides a rider covering a 300 mile tow and trip interruption coverage ($100 / day for lodging, $50 for food and $50 for rental vehicle). Can't beat that, IMO.
:yes1::yes1::yes1::yes1::yes1::yes1::yes1:

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I've had Good Sams three years now. Covers any vehicle you own, and no mileage towing fee. That's a key when shopping around.

Used them twice on my truck, Excellent service. Haven't used them on a bike.

A friend did thou with his BMW bike. He was very pleased with the service to.

What is the yearly cost

·
Registered
5,259 Posts

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is the yearly cost
Joe

I believe that the $99 yearly price is an introductory offer. However, it seems like a couple of other suggestions are a better deal, the Nationwide insurance, and the Drirect Line Parts 5 year road service. I'll be contacting them tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Good Sams covers your cars, trucks, bike, RV, atv etc. Any vehicle you own. It's a good deal.

HDL's Honda only coverage is also a good deal . Just depends what one needs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts