GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We left Friday morning early and 64 degrees.

It was 53 degrees and raining in Springfield, MO. Not only did the weatherman lie and say NO RAIN - but it didn't even show up on my weather radar.

Hrrrrrmph !

Made it to the Days Inn waaaay - too early to check in, so we headed south for a bit of riding.
The weather warmed up into the high 60's and it was sunny.

Saturday morning 41 degrees and crystal clear blue skies all day long and temps up to 72.
Sunday morning 43 degrees blah blah blah.
And it's STILL nice.
:laugh:

Early Saturday morning - fog rising.

43 degrees and sunny.

Turner Bend on the Pig Trail.
Tasty sammich. :)

Oark General store/cafe.
Great pie.

Big rock overhang on 74, out in the middle of nowhere.

Hwy 374, off of Hwy 7, just South of Jasper

Mt. Nebo

We didn't get that many pics this time. You know that the Wife takes the pics from the passenger seat.
I think she's on strike.
:surprise:
:laugh:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,733 Posts
You hit a lot of good spots! :thumbup:

Enjoyed the pics ... and enjoyed meeting you guys in Harrison. Wish we could've had more time to visit.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You hit a lot of good spots! :thumbup:

Enjoyed the pics ... and enjoyed meeting you guys in Harrison. Wish we could've had more time to visit.
It was good to finally meet some of the others. :shock:
OK, MOST of them . :laugh:

hahahahahahahahaha

Perfect riding weather.

This makes out 6th trip there, this year.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Great pics!! You did hit a lot of the good spots; ............but still many more that you didn't post or didn't see .... yet. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kent and I met you just as you left Oark. Sure was good Apple Pie!
Yep - saw you two on the way by.... bit didn't realize until you were already past.

She got the coconut and I got cherry pie. Yum !

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We were (once again) in Harrison over the weekend.

Got rear ended at that main stop light and went down. We were wearing armor pants and jackets so no road rash, but we're sore.

Was able to ride bike the one mile to the hotel and load it onto a trailer.

Police, ambulance, and everyone else were very helpful and friendly.

We're back home now, feeling grateful.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,733 Posts
We were (once again) in Harrison over the weekend.

Got rear ended at that main stop light and went down. We were wearing armor pants and jackets so no road rash, but we're sore.

Was able to ride bike the one mile to the hotel and load it onto a trailer.

Police, ambulance, and everyone else were very helpful and friendly.

We're back home now, feeling grateful.
Sorry to hear about your accident, but sure glad y'all are going to be okay!! :thumbup:

Reactions: Justa_Poser

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah... it's odd that we had a trailer. I pulled that thing out from behind the house and spent an hour power washing it and then worked on the lights. Can't remember the last time we used it. Tires had 9 PSI. hahahahahahahahahahaha

It's also odd that we were ATGATT..... which is nearly never the case. Helmets, boots, gloves - yes...... but how we came to be in armored pants and armored jackets is still a mystery to us.

We DID get to ride Friday and Saturday and it was nice nice nice. Saw large herd of elk there in Boxley on both days.
Had dinner at the Low Gap General Store (now a restaurant) and it was really REALLY good ! Upscale dining. We were pleasantly surprised.

I filed a claim online on Monday morning with Progressive around 7am and they called me at 9am. By noon, they had contacted the other party and said that he admitted fault.

The bike is at the dealer, and Progressive is sending out an adjuster today. I am working with the other guy's insurance first, in the off chance that this will be easy. If not, then the Progressive Rep has offered to "take care of everything".

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. Happy that sore is all you guys are.

Please keep us informed as to your journey on this one. Wishing you all the best!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Kevin, glad both of you are somewhat well with an expected full recovery. Also glad to know the other driver admitted fault and is working on making your steel stallion vibrant once again.

Your comment on seeing elk brought memories flooding back to me, when we lived in central Arizona for many decades.

The elk population is quite healthy throughout Arizona, especially where we lived. One needed to pay extreme attention to the nearby stands of Ponderosa Pine or clusters of Manzanita bushes, as an elk could pop out without any warning of any kind. It was always nice to see elk grazing several hundred feet off the road or from a vista.

I recall passing through Star Valley AZ enroute to our Payson AZ home around 8pm on a fairly brisk, dark Friday evening. Lots of eastbound traffic, which cut deeply into my night vision.

As we entered Star Valley, either 3 or 4 bull elk were running east with traffic in the center lane. I happened upon them without any notice at a distance of roughly 4 feet or less.

I'm real happy those bulls decided to stay in the center lane, as had they turned left, I would have been creamed...

And I was riding my 2001 Triumph Thunderbird 900cc at the time, not much protection to speak of!

- David

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
UPDATE:
Forgot to say that we were riding our 2015 Heritage Softail on this trip.

1st of all, I'd like to put in a plug for Progressive Insurance. I filed online on Monday and they've already estimated the damages and got everything rolling.

$1,750 in damages including labor. New rear fender, tail light and directional assemblies. Floorboard on left, plus side stand assembly and crash bar. Clutch lever. Fender comes from Harley already color matched.
Sounds cheap, but ya gotta remember that the replacement parts probably fit all Harleys back to 1938.
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
..........................................:biker:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts