• Maybe, I need more information

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am planning a small little trip :wink: this year.
I'll be heading out mid May and ending mid June on this little run.

The reason for this trip has several purposes.

The main reason
(This is in the finial planning / coordination stage)

Is that I would reach out and do something to help fellow veterans. I am currently working with the DAV and the Homes for Our Troops (HFOT) in helping me make this a charity run. I felt that these two organization work closely at the grass root level when it comes to helping veterans of all branches.

My plans are to ask the caring public to help our Veterans through these two organizations, by showing support by pledging a donation (maybe a penny a mile) to a fund site that will be set up in coordination with the DAV / HFOT.

I hope to be able to set up a site on the web ( anyone willing to help me with this?) so I can show my progress of my trip, to include daily schedules, routes and stops and pictures. I would love to see anyone come join up with me along the route.

Below are the web sites of the two organization so you can see what they do for our veterans.

DAV web site: http://www.dav.org/

HFOT web site: http://www.homesforourtroops.org/

And here is my planned route:

Please feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions.

" If your heart is true .... your desire is strong ..... your determination is great ....... even one person can help make a difference "

·
Registered
562 Posts
Milbear, your quest looks like a good one methinks. Although the Marines are considered a department of the Navy, yeah yeah... the Men's Department, I would welcome and host you here in Pensacola on your journey.

If possible I would love to ride a part of that ride with you, but that would be work (vacation time) dependent. After serving 20, then 5 in local Law Enforcement, I started over in Federal Cilly Service so vacation time is limited.

I envy you your freedom now, but know you paid for it...and ours, in your three plus DECADES of service. Psst, I gotta a Marine MasterGunny friend here that would love to swap stories over smoked ribs, but he is an Air Traffic Control type so we have to be gentle with him! LMAO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts