GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets have a road trip to Oklahoma on Tuesday 8-2 planning on leaving around 8:00 from the i-hop in Mansfield going to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. Bison, Elk and white tail deer, arrive and eat lunch ride through the park area to see the animals and head back home.
Who's in?? :thumbup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you were to plan this trip for 6 weeks from now there would probably be a large group going. But right now it's just to hot, might even say dangerously hot.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
You guys be VERY careful out there!! This heat will sneak up on you!!! Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Made it ok, boy was it HOT when it cools down we will have a road trip to POP's soda in Oklahoma. Thanks Brian enjoyed the company. :p

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I had a good time just a little hot. I did about 560 miles . Left the house around 5:30 AM and pulled back in at 6:30 PM. 86 when I left topped out at 113 and 109 when I got home.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I had a good time just a little hot. I did about 560 miles . Left the house around 5:30 AM and pulled back in at 6:30 PM. 86 when I left topped out at 113 and 109 when I got home.

:bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
57 Posts
You guys are Good and glad you made it home safely. I tried riding for about 60 miles yesterday and when I got home about 1:30pm I looked like I had jumped into the pool with my clothes on. Giving up on this heat and heading for Colorado on Sunday, be gone about two weeks, hopefully it will be some what cooler.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The trip went very well Megan,Brian and I rode through the refuge and got several pictures of Bison and prairie dogs. Boring ride up 44 and the toll rd but the park was fun. Brian saw the Bison before we did guess I'm getting old. Need a cooling vest or something to ride in this heat. Wheb it cools off DEC ? we need to get together and have a ride I want to go visit Brian and check out the Elk down there. :cool: :yes1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts