GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yup but not staying in main hotel. Can't wait.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup but not staying in main hotel. Can't wait.

Yea I am not either.Looking forward to this! Maybe I will see you there.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best western...you?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I am at BW, too. First drink is on me! Lol.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds great,have a safe trip,I should arrive late afternoon Thursday.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
With any luck, I will too. I just did my pre-flight check and found a nice nail in my rear tire. :-(

Since the tire is pretty cupped I found a dealer who will try to get the bike back to me by Wednesday PM if I can get the bike to them Tuesday AM. :p

I just don't know how much it will cost. :eek:

Hector

·
Registered
152 Posts
Taking US 33 from Athens OH through the mountains and with luck should be there Thursday afternoon. Managed to hustle a spot at the main hotel. Because I'm doing a write-up for Midwest Motorcyclist magazine, I asked to go on one of the Touring and one Cruising rides--figured I'd leave the sport-touring guided tour to the mustangs.

Spent most of the day today riding some WV roads with some friends who are out of Parkersburg, WV. Should be a good warm up.

Best,

Todd

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Safe travels

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With any luck, I will too. I just did my pre-flight check and found a nice nail in my rear tire. :-(

Since the tire is pretty cupped I found a dealer who will try to get the bike back to me by Wednesday PM if I can get the bike to them Tuesday AM. :p

I just don't know how much it will cost. :eek:

Hector
Dam,that sucks,rear tires usually run $180-$200 plus labor.I just installed 2 new tyres last week,did a small run to be sure they are broken in,2000 miles in 5 days.sweeeeeeeeeeet,LOVE THE feel of new tyres!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Road Runner magazine weekend

We can't attend, but would be interested in anyone's thoughts on the event. What were your likes and dislikes etc. My wife and I had hoped to attend but didn't work out for this year. I would appreciate any reply's via PM or email.
Thanks,
Norm :lol:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wunderwing,
I will let you know when I get back!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Bike back with a new rear tire. Hope to see you guys in Va.

'03 Red Wing with Tour King 1/2 cover.

Hector

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I was thinking the same thing on my ride home today. I almost wish I had them replace the front while they were at it but it still has a few thousand miles on it. These things are too expensive to waste rubber! :)

Dam,that sucks,rear tires usually run $180-$200 plus labor.I just installed 2 new tyres last week,did a small run to be sure they are broken in,2000 miles in 5 days.sweeeeeeeeeeet,LOVE THE feel of new tyres!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts