GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with great sadness that I pass along the news that Roadrunner1800 - Allen - passed away earlier this morning. He was one of a kind.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Didn't know he was ill. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Leslie and I wish to send our thoughts and prayers out to his family and all who knew him. RIP

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
My condolences and prayers go out to the family.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Sorry to hear this, never met him, but we had a few conversations on the forum, seemed like a really good guy.

Reactions: CAWing

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
You know he’s out riding, having the best ride ever. It’s sad to lose another comrade that enjoys the same thing we do. My best to his surviving family members. I hope they find peace and hope.
Thank you Grayhound...

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
Two years ago Allen SAVED MY LIFE and on top of that Alan and Uncle John made sure my bike was back at the hotel where we were staying so I wouldn't lose it....

We were all at the Darkside rally in va. and I went into a Grand Mall Seizure ( never had one before) He call the ambulance and I was transported to the hospital... I was then air lifted via helicopter to another hospital in Roanoke Va. (I was out this whole time/no idea what was happening) Doctors say that I was almost dead..(I had lost way too much oxygen.and Dr's told my wife that if I did make it alive I was going to be a vegetable..) Well, I'm back still alive... Alan and Uncle John from what I understand , helped transport my bike back to the hotel and arranged my bike and trailer to be transported back to my home in Massachusetts safe and sound..

Uncle John, if you read this (first of all /thanks again,) if you could please write in what happened cause as I said before I was totally out of it..

Allen Love you man! My biggest regret is that I didn't get the chance to see him before he passed to thank him again...(Alan lived in Vermont and I in Massachusetts/ a two'ish hour ride) I wanted to ride up to Vermont to say thanks but his wife said that he wouldn't even know that I was there, in the first place so I didn't make the trip.....

Ronnie

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I can't remember if I've met him, prayers sent for the family and friends.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Much aloha and many prayers from Hawaii to the family.
I gather from the post, he will be missed in this family of riders and cohorts.
I regret that I wasn't lucky enough to have met him.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I want to wish his family my prayers but remember he will always ride with us.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
413 Posts
I did not know Allen, but it is sad when one of our brothers passes. His family will remain in my prayers.

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
R.I.P. PRAYERS TO WIFE N FAMILY ANOTHER ONE CANCER HAS TAKEN …..TOO SOON !!! THATS WHY I TELL PEOPLE TO "ENJOY" EVERY DAY LIKES IT YOUR LAST … JUST MITE BE !!:serious::frown2::crying:I DIDNT KNOW HIM ALL THAT WELL BUT LITTLE I DID WAS "MY PLEASURE TO " !!

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
I remember cancer putting the brakes on the Alaska Trip he was planning. Sorry I never got to meet him, RIP and condolences to all friends and family.

O' YES Your totally correct, his dream was to ride to Alaska.. he even purchased a trailer/tow behind his bike (that was not put together) ....I rode out to Vermont to help him reconstruct this trailer..... He had all the plans ready, for his journey to Alaska.. He was getting sick'rr and sick'rr every day... I suggested to him that instead of riding to Alaska, why not fly there, and rent a bike to tour the area... My wife and I did that a few years ago, and it was very enjoyable.... No he was certain that his 2001 Goldwing w/ approx 75,000 miles on it would make the trip..
He asked me to ride out to Alaska with him, BUT with my problem(s), that I had in Va. Darkside Rally (see above post) that would not even be a thought....Alan ! love yea man, My only wish was that you did get a chance to tour Alaska, and that I could have seen/talk to you to "thank" you again 0:)0:):crying::crying:

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I met him at Darkside Ride. I'm truly sadden .. he obviously loved to ride and loved people. He was fun to be around. My condolences to his family.

Donnie

Reactions: cycledude and Monk
1 - 20 of 39 Posts