GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
RIP fellow winger, condolence and prayers for the family.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,877 Posts
I also met him at a Darkside Ride In and really enjoyed visiting with him. Sad that I will not get that opportunity again!!

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Roadrunner 1800

I haven't seen roadrunner 1800 post anything since Feb. of this year. When is the last time anybody had any contact with him ? I hope he is ok because I thought he was having some health issues.

I had posted this back in June 2018 because I hadn't seen him posting on the forum :crying: RIP my friend

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I also met him at the ride in. RIP Allen, Condolences to the family.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
RIP

I just pulled out some old posts and correspondences from Allen to read over from before he went silent.

Does anyone know if he made any part of that trip to Alaska he was planning?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
RIP

I just pulled out some old posts and correspondences from Allen to read over from before he went silent.

Does anyone know if he made any part of that trip to Alaska he was planning?
He did not. I knew him and what he was up against and IMO had he attempted it in his condition, it would not have ended well.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Prayers and condolences to all that loved him.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks for posting and RIP Roadrunner1800!

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
Alan, I miss you man! If it wasn't for you and Uncle John.... I would be here to write this

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Condolences and prayers sent. RIP Allen.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
While I never met him I had many conversations with him through the forum and he was a great guy. RIP my friend ? Sad that he never made his dream Alaska trip.

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
:agree:?

Allen
Allen, I miss you man.............(You saved my life), I only wish that I could have paid you back, B4 you passed.....I look up everyday and say thank you!! Your passing was way too early, i wanted another ride with you......

Ronnie

Reactions: jlbc212

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
Alan's trip to Alaska, he would most likely not have made it safe... I know that it was his "dream" to travel there @ motorcycle BUT he was going to leave on a 2001 Goldwing with approx 105,000 miles already on his bike..and he was not in good health in the first place,. and was trying to ride alone / all the way there.... He asked me to go with him,. but there would not be a "chance in heck" that I could go.... I did help him build a trailer to haul B/hind his bike...in case he did go......I mentioned to him, (this is what my wife and I did) was to fly to Alaska and then rent a motorcycle, and tour the area...NOW that was vacation trip to remember... We flew/rented/toured/enjoyed/and then flew home....I miss you man! like I mentioned above.... Alan did save my life at the Darkside Rally a couple of years ago.....................I wouldn't be writing this post if it wasn't for him and Uncle John

Ronnie

21 - 39 of 39 Posts