GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the Ice storms run me out of Texas. I was in Tucson last night and was going to head to Phoenix today. Decided that Phoenix wasn't far enough away :lol: so I ended up in Vegas. Can anyone recommend some roads around here that would be fun to ride in the next day or two.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
HEY SHEILA
Go west out of vagas over to death valley. That is an interesting place.

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will probably do that, the weather looks good for this area of the country for the next week or so. A lot better than the weather that I left in Texas.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Shelia, Lake Mead area has the valley of fire makes you feel as if you're on another planet. Also I suggest redrocks, outside of Vegas.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Hawkmoon said:
Shelia, Lake Mead area has the valley of fire makes you feel as if you're on another planet. Also I suggest redrocks, outside of Vegas.
I will second all of the above. We rode it on a rented Wing 2 years ago. 15 East up past the Las Vegas Speedway, 169 through Valley of Fire, 167 down the West side of Lake Mead. Red Rocks is just West of Vegas on 159 (W Charleston Blvd) and a nice short ride.

Have fun and enjoy Shelia!!!!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hey MCMom... there are some great curvy roads across the border in CA. Not sure what the weather would be like. The Kern River Hwy north out of Kernville is a nice ride and Mt Rd 50 is way twistie. If I remember correctly Hwy 155 is pretty good too.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Death Valley & Valley of Fire for sure. I always wanted to ride down Las Vegas Blvd. "The Strip" on a Saturday evening.(but thats probably not the smartest thing to do :D)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts