GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like recommandations on roads to ride in those 4 states, going there from tampa fl at the end of this month being base in Denver. Thanks

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
I would be insterested too, as I'm hoping WingDing 34 will finally come back to the Western states after 5 loooooooong years (since Billings, MT)! Geesh! This is where the great ridng is . . . not in the east! :joke:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
For Colorado, check out the Rockies Gold website. It's got lots of info and routes. For a flatlander from Florida, I highly recommend you do the ride to the summit of Pike's Peak. It's a unique ride that takes you to an elevation over 14,000 ft. It's paved almost all the way, and what's not is easy to ride hard-packed dirt/gravel. There's tons of great roads in Utah, but my favorites are Hwys 12 and 24, from Bryce Canyon through Capitol Reef. Hwy 89 in Arizona is lots of fun. I'm not very familiar with New Mexico, except to say the entering NM from Colorado along Hwy 84 is really beautiful and a fun road to ride.

I'm sure others more familiar with these areas will have more, amd more detailed, suggestions. It's a great part of the country for riding. Enjoy!

·
Registered
341 Posts
nm,az roads

Some of my favorite roads in NM are,434,518 to Taos then 64,in az a must ride is 191 then 89a thru Jerome

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
191 (Coronado Trail) in Arizona is burnt up and probably still closed....Wallow Fire has destroyed a good portion of the beautiful White Mountains of Eastern Arizona.

89 from Wickenburg thru Prescott, Jerome, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon to Flagstaff is a very nice 200 miles. Will be HOT in the lower sections of the State...be prepared.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts