GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, looks like my HRCA roadside assistance expired on 4/1/09 and nobody let me know. Now I'm looking for the best deal. Does HRCA still have roadside assistance and is it still the best deal? My insurance company does not provide towing on motorcycles. Any suggestions?

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
look on directlines web site for warranty from honda

5 years for $120

its refundable at amy time if you sell or wreck

tows you to nearest honda dealer, any distance, or home up to 30 miles

very reasonable for sure

·
Registered
645 Posts
check with our broad sponsor he has a 60 month roadside tow

HO-ROADSIDE60 = $ 120/on sale now

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
AAA plus, GWRRA rescue plus
other insurance company
lots out there

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
If you are an AMA member or if you join AMA and pay with a credit card you can get roadside assistance basically for free.

The only catch is you have to agree to let AMA renew you with the credit card. It is a good program unless you happen to be a Life Member.

·
Registered
312 Posts
best roadside service provider

The best choice is probably AAA plus, or cross country motorclub. Most towing companies don't like to tow motorcycles anyway. The best way to get quality service is to call the closest Honda dealer and ask who they use. As the owner of a towing company we tow a lot of motorcycles.I'm always supprised how many BMW's we tow.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Honda tow- anyone use it????

Just got my renewal form for MTS, I've had them for about 12 years.
Only had to call them 1 time. I had to wait long for them to dispatch,
but they really did a good job.

But now, the rates as everything in life went up. $49.95 1 year
$95.00 for 2 years.

Has anyone used the new HONDA plan that Hal has??

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
[B said:
Slowpoke[/b]
AAA plus, GWRRA rescue plus
+1
Well guys, I've had both and I hate to disappoint you, but no there are better programs. These both have substantial mileage limitations (and it get's very expensive when you get into higher towing mileage), and neither of the above offer a trip interruption coverage to reimburse you for your per diem expenses (hotel, meals, potential car rental expenses while you might wait for the dealer to open - order parts and then repair your broken Wing (breakdowns often occur on a Saturday or Sunday so definitely a bad time when dealers are likely going to close or will be closed and often until a Tuesday)).

Get an unlimited mileage program and one that offers and pays trip interruption coverage - much like the KOA Towing program offered through Allstate's Motor Club program, which covers autos - trucks - RV's and motorcycles.

DaleC

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Has anyone used the new HONDA plan that Hal has??
i did when laura crashed a couple weeks ago

good service, but the dummies towed the bike over 100 miles, and the closest dealer was only 68 miles--and 3 miles from my house

i called and pitched a fit, and they towed it another 168 miles, to my house to somewhat correct the messup

the key with this service is, they have no mile limit, all these other plans have a ceiling and its on you from there, or they drop you at the closest dealer, and that could be a yamaha dealer....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts