GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I use AAA auto club and buy the PLUS for the motorcycle and trailer. Tow for 125 miles before it cost me anything. Highly reccomend!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
HRCA tows to the 'Nearest Qualilfied Repair Facility'.

I asked them if "Billy Bobs Bar-B-Q and small engine/cycle repair shop"
was "A qualified Repair Facility". They said , "NO".

Progressive Insurance automatically adds that type of towing to their coverage as well. So, I have both. Hope I never have to use it.

:!:

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
Yes I have used them for the bike and hubby has used them with the RV. The folks they sent for the RV did everything right and was very helpful. the company they sent for the bike had their head up their A**. He didn't even have a clue as to how to tie the gold wing down. Good thing I did. They had to tow me almost 120 miles, no cost to me. Sheila

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
If it is in fact as advertized, it looks like a good plan. HRCA has the unlimited part, but they tow to the nearest HONDA dealer than can effect repaire, only cover Hondas, but they are only about a third the cost. The other plan would cover a Harley - and they may need it........ :lol:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have never had the opportunity to try them out, and hope I never will, but I signed on with "BROS Club" That provide towing and road side assistance for a very reasonable price. The reason I went with them was that they would cover ALL of my bikes for the same price. Hey I can only ride one at a time anyway. :D All of the other company's wanted to charge per bike and that made the cost prohibitive.

Marc

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
n9frp said:
HRCA tows to the 'Nearest Qualilfied Repair Facility'.

I asked them if "Billy Bobs Bar-B-Q and small engine/cycle repair shop"
was "A qualified Repair Facility". They said , "NO".

Progressive Insurance automatically adds that type of towing to their coverage as well. So, I have both. Hope I never have to use it.

:!:
Those HRCA people are just no fun :lol:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thing I like most is that it covers all my vehicles or a vehicle that I may borrow. Hopefully I won't need it! Thanks for all the replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts