GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
had a massive blowout in Texas Hill country. 25 miles to nearest town.

I use Motorcycle Towing Service (I have the GoldWing & a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500... so it covers both). I pay $15-$20/year to cover both. I pay the tow. They just find someone to come get me.

Luckily on of our riding buddies cell phone worked. Called MTS. They found someone in Kerrville, TX. About 25 miles away. Put us in direct contact. The towing guy even found a Wing tire (D250 rear) in Kerrville (from a Harley dealer who wouldn't stay open to mount the tire, but they would sell it). He went and bought it. Sent the nice flatbed tow truck, good straps. Pads, etc.. Met us with the new tire at another sport bike dealer (he contacted) that opened up on a Saturday about 6:00pm. just to mount my tire. I had to show them how to get the rear wheel off. But it worked out well. Back on the road about 4 hours after the blowout.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,472 Posts
I would like to share what Bike-Line road assistance consists of...

NOTHING...

Last year while attending the Hoot... one of our group... wrecked while
going to Deals Gap... when I called Bike-Line... the woman said his
road side assistance was cancelled... his card in his wallet said he was paid up until Jan 2007... she refused to render any help what so ever..
I won't ever use Bike-Line for anything...

cosmic

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
1800s warranted roadside assistance
If you mean HRCA, Yes, used it, in AZ desert, flat tire, back of a flatbed, very good service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts