GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of building a Roadsmith trike. Does anyone on the forum know if after installing the kit including the plugs blocking some of the lines, do the front brakes work with the front lever using all 3 pistons on both sides, or just 2 on one side and 1 on the other like when its linked?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Gary, it appears in reading the installation instructions for the Roadsmith Trike that there should be no change in the current operation of the front brakes other then that they are no longer linked to the rear.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front Brakes

Yes, Wheels,
I think I will just have 2 pistons on the right and one on the left. Oh well. I've got 2 calipers on the back, so I guess all is well.

Gary, it appears in reading the installation instructions for the Roadsmith Trike that there should be no change in the current operation of the front brakes other then that they are no longer linked to the rear.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I've got a Champion conversion. I talked to the installer about not using the full potential of the front brakes and he told me that they are no longer linked, but they added a line that connects all pistons so all are in use when using the front brake.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can swap the 2 brake lines on the left caliper, bleed the front brakes and then you would have 2 pistons on each side. It makes the pads wear even. When I did mine I couldn't tell any difference in the brake effectiveness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts