GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late last fall I got a new 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT. Yesterday, at the encouragement of my wife, I made arrangements to have the Roadsmith kit installed on my bike. I asked the dealer what the standard procedure was for getting ride of the parts that will be removed and not needed for the new configuration. They said that there are so many take off parts available out in the world that they just throw them away. Has anyone tried to dispose of take off parts from a 2018 as yet? If so, how did it work?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Definitely keep the take off parts. The 2018 is still fairly new but as it ages, there will be a demand for good used parts. Although you will have to be patient for now, it could help offset the cost of doing the conversion...

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can be sure that dealer has a tractor trailer out back loaded with take-off parts.......just waiting for a few years down the road when he can make more money off the throw away parts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just paid 350. for rear tire/wheel off new Wing that was triked out. Yeah, you keep the trow away items and sell. Of course a little used will lower asking price but still good money.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Throw them away my a#%. They are full of bull. There is easily $1,000 worth of parts coming off the bike. As stated, they sell them for additional profit and are downplaying things so you do not ask for them. Ethical delusion.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
When I had my 07 done, I pulled my cargo trailer down with me. I made sure that I added the optional hitch to my conversion package and loaded up the cargo trailer with most of the takeoff parts to bring home. I was actually told the same thing by my installer about various parts just getting thrown away. For example, he said that he ends up with a ton of rear wheels and sells them for $25 each when someone wants them. But he runs out of room to store all the takeoffs and just has to dump a lot of them...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts