GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going the direction of Rail32 and putting spray on rock guard on the bottom of my Mini Mate in rock sensitive places. But geez laying under the MM, I see LOTS of rock sensitive places. This stuff (NAPA rock guard) is said to stick to EVERYTHING it touches and is hard to get back off.

This Mini Mate had been on one camping trip when I bought it but it has a couple of rock hit marks that show. I'm sure after an Alaskan trip it will look like a machine gun was sprayed on it.

Anyone besides Rail32 notice rock hits in the bottom area and front of the tub underneath?

Rail32 if you see this, how much of the bottom area did you rock proof? Just the front of the bottom tub or the whole bottom tub area?

i plan to do the wheel well area and the front of the tub bottom.

Anybody else seeing rock hits and pock marks from hits under your MM?

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
If your rear tire is kicking up rocks, just install a mudflap. They can be made cheap from stuff you probably have laying around the garage. YMMV

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I am going the direction of Rail32 and putting spray on rock guard on the bottom of my Mini Mate in rock sensitive places. But geez laying under the MM, I see LOTS of rock sensitive places. This stuff (NAPA rock guard) is said to stick to EVERYTHING it touches and is hard to get back off.

This Mini Mate had been on one camping trip when I bought it but it has a couple of rock hit marks that show. I'm sure after an Alaskan trip it will look like a machine gun was sprayed on it.

Anyone besides Rail32 notice rock hits in the bottom area and front of the tub underneath?

Rail32 if you see this, how much of the bottom area did you rock proof? Just the front of the bottom tub or the whole bottom tub area?

i plan to do the wheel well area and the front of the tub bottom.

Anybody else seeing rock hits and pock marks from hits under your MM?
I did the hidden tub area along with wheel wells . Yes it does stick to everything and it's a real chore to remove any over spray .
Pooch is correct a mudflap will also do the trick I think . Mine was almost transparent in front of hidden tub.
I layed a few sheets of fiberglass on mine before spraying and after sanding it smooth . I am going to mount a mud flag on hitch of trailer to on the bike to the to keep the majority of rocks at bay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts