·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rockies-Gold 2007
Montrose, Colorado
25-29 July 2007

Updates:
12-03-06 -- New link to the web page as I have redesigned all pages for easier use. Please take note of the new link (I won't change it again -- I hope).

11-30-06 -- Black Canyon Motel is booked full; Red Arrow is additional hotel; all info on the "Lodging" page of the web.

I have the Rockies-Gold 2007 web site up and running and have posted some initial information -- more will get posted (i.e. rides, etc) over the next couple of months. So, for those that have been waiting for the lodging information, it is included on the web, along with a registration form (I'm a rookie at doing these things, so bear with me). Click below to get to the web, see some general information, lodging, registration, and see who has signed up thus far (not updated immediately when you submit your form unfortunately). If you make a reservation, please be sure and send the registration information.

http://rockies-gold.net

If you have any questions, please send me a PM on this site, or send an e-mail using the link on the Rockies-Gold home page.

This should be lots of fun!!!!

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Wow!!! This looks like a blast!!!!!!

If I can get the leave, I think I'll bring the Wife out to see that great country!!!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I cant wait. Krista and I will be there for sure. Gotta talk some of these Georgia people into going out there with us.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Toyo said:
I cant wait. Krista and I will be there for sure. Gotta talk some of these Georgia people into going out there with us.
This sounds like a great time. If I can get my vacation time I'll probably attend as well.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Reservations are made. Gerri and I are really looking forward to this.

Thanks Wingnutzz!

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Reservations made :beer3: My wife, Karla and I are looking forward to meeting All. This will be our 1st time to Colorado, WHEW-HOOH!

·
Registered
477 Posts
rockies-gold

I would love to come, but it will have to wait for a couple of years, after i retire. Y'all have a great time and think of us poooor working stiffs while you are out riding the twisties.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
sounds like fun. Not sure if we can make it, and IF we do, not sure we will stay for the entire time.

Can you give me some more info (dont think I see it on the site yet) as far as what people actually do. Duh...I know they ride, lol...but is it a big group riding all over the place or small groups going here and there or whever they want?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Ziggy,

Let me see if I can answer this question for you.

There is no hand holding! Everyone is there on their own and responsible for their own fun. If you want to ride, you ride. If you don't you don't!

If some want to go and eat steak and others want a burger, then that is what they do!

If you want a cheaper place or better place to stay, then that is what you do.

This is a Gathering, not an organized event with counselors and guides.

A place for folks to lie about what they paid for their bikes, how they got the best deal on an accessory etc. (all in fun). Also an oppotunity to see a slice of the USA with someone familiar with the area. It don't get better than this!

If someone is looking for a bit more hand holding, one would be better off attending a GWRRA or other organized group function.

NO HAND HOLDING HERE> EVERYONE is responsible for themselves and those they brung!

Loose group, loose rules, loose expectations!

Bulldog

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I have only been in the Wing Family for 3 yrs, HRCA 1yr, GWRRA 2 yrs, and part of a Chapter for 3 mths! I like the Ride and fellowship but I do have a choice on Where, When and How! "I WILL LIVE", WHERE, WHEN and HOW, I CHOOSE! Let's just have FUN and Explore, while we can.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Hey BULLDOG, "BRUNG". Did you originate in TEXAS? LOL, it was a pleasure doing Buisness with YA'LL and plan on again! I'm looking forward to meeting you and Meesh!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ziggy,

If you enjoyed your recent trip to CO, you won't want to miss this one :!: I suspect there will be a few "Professional Educators" in attendance to keep you company. :wink:

Falcon Wing,

There is always a "slow" group, and if not, I'll ride with you. No sense rushing through such beautiful country without stopping to smell the roses along the way! :D

1 - 20 of 284 Posts