GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been strategizing a little more on things for Rockies-Gold 2007 and will be providing information over the next few months on 1) Other Colorado Routes/Rides, 2) a couple of evening events, and 3) perhaps some shirt/cap info.

There is always a lot of discussion and frivolity with Bulldog about Cats-Cade and there being another one the next year. This will be his 3rd and the 2nd one that I will have attended. We do appreciate the work of Dawg and others.

That being said, I did need to let you know that Rockies-Gold 2007 will be a one-of-a-kind for me -- the first and the last. Just too many things to do in life and one of my riding buddies and I are already looking at potential rides for 2008 and 2009. So, if you are wanting to meet some of the illustrious folks from this board in a gathering in the west, Rockies-Gold 2007 might be one of your best opportunities. If this event is successful perhaps someone else will decide to do another event somewhere in the west -- unfortunately this year's event will be the only one that I will be able to organize. I just thought that I'd let you know so that if you are thinking that you would attend the one is 2008, such an event is unlikely (unless organized by someone else, perhaps somewhere else).

We already have about 160 people signed up for Rockies-Gold, so if you think you might be interested, check out the info, make some lodging reservations, and register to let us know that you are coming. It should be a really good time with lots of hanging and riding...and riding...and riding.

Rockies-Gold 2007
Montrose, CO
25-29 July 2007

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Yeah sure Dave. What makes you think we will let you quit after we see what a great job you will do this year.

Anyway thanks for taking the idea you had last year at the beginning of Cats-Cade and running with it. Some of us already have 2 weeks planned around your little event.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Re: Rockies-Gold 2007 -- If You're On The Fence About Coming

wingnutzz said:
.... I did need to let you know that Rockies-Gold 2007 will be a one-of-a-kind for me -- the first and the last. -- unfortunately this year's event will be the only one that I will be able to organize.
......as CJS said ( to someone else :wink: ) in an earlier post-----WIMP !!!

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Dave, I know it is a TON of work and eating up a TON of your time. We sure do appreciate all your doing for all of us. We will enjoy every second of our Rockies-Gold trip!!!! Can't blame you one second for saying this will be a one time event. Remember to delegate some of the work load setting things up and while the event is happening. There are some of us that will help out with anything we can for you.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Dave and Dawg , you give meaning to the word Life,, without ya s , where will we go in 2008 and beyond , Ride around aimlessly . :cry: Thanks for your Hard work .

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Tip for Dave, make it a great weekend up till the very last moment, and then screw it up royally so we won't want you to do it next year. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: . Oh by the way thanks a bunch really looking forward to this. :clap2: :bow: :excited: :yes: :beer3: :yes1:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
White Gold said:
Tip for Dave, make it a great weekend up till the very last moment, and then screw it up royally so we won't want you to do it next year. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: . Oh by the way thanks a bunch really looking forward to this. :clap2: :bow: :excited: :yes: :beer3: :yes1:
Hey, even if I don't do anything else it will be a great time. The rides are posted, folks have places to stay -- that's all that is essential for good times. Anything else is a bonus. Oh, the one thing I can't control is weather, but normally pretty good out that way.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Man, that is going to be a great trip for the ones who get to make it. I will definitely be watching all the postings of the beautiful scenery pictures that are sure to appear.

If you say it is the one and only one, the rest of us have been forwarned. This is good..

It makes me wonder if I should change some other plans but I guess I will stick with what the boss and I already had in the making.

Last year Bulldog said that 2006 was the last Catscade. Joyce and I had already started making travel arrangements for the Grand Canyon and are supposed to leave over Memorial day weekend.

We were out in your neck of the woods in 2003 and it is beautiful. We know you would be able to show us places we had not seen yet. There is so much out there that you cannot possibly take it all in in less than two weeks.

There are places like the Grand Canyon where we have not been to so I guess we will stick with plan A for this year. We will be doing this trip in the Cherokee too. Kinda a safety measure due to surgery last fall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts