GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've locked in the dates for Rockies-Gold 2007, so mark your calendar.
Hanging and Riding...and Riding...and Riding!
More info will follow over the next few months.
NOTE: This will primarily be Wing folks from this board!!!!

Montrose, Colorado

25-29 July 2007

·
Registered
373 Posts
Dave -

As a fellow Colorado rider - I'm curious as to how you decided upon Montrose as the gathering point?
And, as a fellow Colorado rider, I hope to participate. Let me get to work on that kitchen pass!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update. I've marked it on my calendar. I know that Montrose is a pretty big town with lots of accomodations available. Are you looking at a particular hotel with blocked rooms or are we to ad-lib. I know that it's a bit early, but when do you think that we should make the rooms reservations?

Ride safely and try to stay warm this winter.

Mike T.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I would love to go...look forward to hearing more...It's on my calendar... :yes:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Dave -

Notsluggo said:
As a fellow Colorado rider - I'm curious as to how you decided upon Montrose as the gathering point?
And, as a fellow Colorado rider, I hope to participate. Let me get to work on that kitchen pass!
Montrose provides 3-4 days of great rides as I posted in my earlier e-mail on this subject. Other locations are also good, but do not allow for both mountain (ie San Juan Loop) and western canyon riding (ie Unaweep and Delores River canyons). I've done overynight stays in Estes Park, Durango, and Frisco, and my far Montrose is my favorite for staying in one place and doing 3-4 great days of riding. My High Country Cruisers group tried other places and we keep coming back to Montrose. Mixed with Colorado National Monument, Grand Mesa, North Rim and South Rims of the Black Canyon, good hotels, and generally good weather, it is one of the best areas for a gathering. Plus, folks can hit other locations on their ride to Montrose or on to other places afterwards. I also cut us a pretty good rate on the motel for that time of the year. More on that later.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Sweet, doing my best to make it. I love Colorado riding, and I need to meet some of the fine members of this forum in person.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Making the assumption that I'll be alive and well, include me in. :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
My wife Sandy and I made our first trip to your beautiful state last November (we were in the car). We would love to ride our bike there too, thanks for the early heads up on the dates, as I have to book my holidays for next year this November. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
This sounds great! Can't wait to get back to Colorado. This much lead time also helps me get the vacation time scheduled.

Is it too early to get excited??? :eek:

Thanks for getting things going, Dave.

Dep

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It's on my desk plotter! Just another excuse to head west where I love it.

Thanks Dave.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Iffun us Texans behave and clean off our boots and dust off our hats are we invited, Pleez. :bow: :beer3: :lol:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Sweeeeeeet !......Sounds like a winner Dave...... :) Man I've been waiting a looooong time for this ride. This is gonna be great...... :yes:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Cats Cade III in June; Rockies Gold in July; then Wingsoft II (?) in August...gonna be a great summer!

Calendar marked.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts