GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 411 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year, I procrastinated until April before posting plans for the next edition of Rockies Gold and based on the interest from the motel poll, it looks like folks are ready to make plans for 2019, so here's the deal! :biker:

Rockies Gold 2019 will be held here in Montrose September 19th, 20th and 21st. By overwhelming majority, we will once again base our event out of the Black Canyon Motel. The rate ended up at $85 bucks a night. You'll need to call them at 970-249-3495 and mention "Rockies Gold" to get that rate. They will honor that rate for Wednesday night 9/18 through Saturday night 9/21 and have agreed to hold 30 rooms for us. If we need more, I'm sure that can be arranged. The $85 rate is only good through May 15th. This rate is for any of their rooms (single queen, double queen or king). The sooner rooms get booked, the better chance of them being in the same "area" of the motel, otherwise it's whatever is available.

Plan on the Friday evening evening get together as always at our place. We had a great turnout for 2018 and looking forward to seeing everyone again in 2019!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Reservations made.
I'd suggest asking for Eric.
Eric knows about the Rockies Gold reservations.
The person who answered the phone for me had to retrieve Eric as she was not aware.
See ya'll then!

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Just made my room reservation. 4 nights at $85 plus tax a night. 2 bed room.

Talked to a female named Ling. Gave her the dates and she asked if part of Rockies Gold group. Soooo, at least Eric and Ling know about the meet up rate.

Think I will wait until after 1st of year to book a flight. Hate to give up the money too soon....:)

If anyone is hesitant on riding for days to get there and back, I would recommend flying into Grand Junction, CO. It is only a 1 hour ride or so to Montrose. I am going to rent a Harley there and do the meet. Flying and renting is $250 cheaper then driving and spending 8 days to get there and back.

Right now the Harley dealer is NOT open Sundays or Mondays. Not sure if by September they will be. Have msg into the GM. If NOT, I will have to pass on this meet up again until I retire in 3-4 years.....:(

Ron said I was still welcomed renting...LOL

·
IronMan
17,631 Posts
Just made my room reservation. 4 nights at $85 plus tax a night. 2 bed room.

Talked to a female named Ling. Gave her the dates and she asked if part of Rockies Gold group. Soooo, at least Eric and Ling know about the meet up rate.

Think I will wait until after 1st of year to book a flight. Hate to give up the money too soon....:)

If anyone is hesitant on riding for days to get there and back, I would recommend flying into Grand Junction, CO. It is only a 1 hour ride or so to Montrose. I am going to rent a Harley there and do the meet. Flying and renting is $250 cheaper then driving and spending 8 days to get there and back.

Right now the Harley dealer is NOT open Sundays or Mondays. Not sure if by September they will be. Have msg into the GM. If NOT, I will have to pass on this meet up again until I retire in 3-4 years.....:(

Ron said I was still welcomed renting...LOL
YA LOOKS LIKE YOU'LL BE RIDING "IN THE BACK" !! :surprise::wink2: HOPE TO SEE YA THERE !

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

I wouldn't even think about it. The getting there is half the fun and all of the adventure.:biker::yes:

·
IronMan
17,631 Posts
I have those 8 days of riding there and back pegged for other places I want to travel to.

Retirement can't come soon enough.
MUCH BETTER "VIEWS" ON GOLDWING SEAT OVER AIRPLANE SEAT ! :wink2::serious::smile2:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
MUCH BETTER "VIEWS" ON GOLDWING SEAT OVER AIRPLANE SEAT ! :wink2::serious::smile2:
Yeah and they wont pull that airplane over and let you make a side trip up Pikes Peak on the way out there. :yes::biker:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Looking real hard at this. I would really like to make it work this time!!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Looking real hard at this. I would really like to make it work this time!!
"Try it, you'll like it". :nojoke:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
"Try it, you'll like it". :nojoke:

Yes, I really like Colorado!!

There are not very many twisty roads, but the views more than make up for it!! :thumbup:

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, I really like Colorado!!

There are not very many twisty roads, but the views more than make up for it!! :thumbup:
Views you say? Allow me!! And while not to be compared to the glorious roads of Arkansas, we do have a couple of twisty roads along the Gateway Loop and north rim of the Black Canyon. Of course the Million Dollar Highway has great twisty roads; the penalty for failure is however quite substantial! I like to call it "encouragement to stay on the paved portion!" :biker::biker:

Attachments

·
IronMan
17,631 Posts
DONT FORGET PIKES PEAK ! :wink2:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
I would love to see those views again next September. The nearest thing in Colorado to what we have in Arkansas is highway 92 on the North side of the Gunnison River with views into the Black Canyon. But like you say Ron, there are several places where one better be paying real close attention. :wink2:

I'm making plans hoping it works out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Man o man, you're killing me here with those pictures.

Hope my plans work out for this ride next year.

1 - 20 of 411 Posts